Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The bueno/no bueno game

So, I finally got my crap together and went to the gym for a run (first off, I really wanted to run outside and hit up my little trail, but by jeezus, it's already getting hot and humid here--in Texas we go straight from winter to summer--none of that springtime nonsense).

Bueno: Listening to my awesome 'Marathon Mix' on my iPod (it is really awesome by the way--like I wasn't even counting down the minutes like I usually do when I'm listening to my iPod)
No bueno: Having a freaking asthma attack a 1/2 mile in. Haven't had one of those in like a year. (well, technically that's a lie--I started to have some asthma symptoms around mile 22 of OKC. That was fun)

Bueno: Rocking out 3.5 miles (shut up. I have to start slow. It's been almost three weeks. Bite me).
No bueno: The fact that my legs/butt/hips/knees are killing me. I think my body forgot how to run. Holy jeez.

Bueno: A cupcake at home.
No bueno: The fact that I live in some delusional world where I think I can only eat a half a cupcake. I can't. I eat the whole thing (and then some other stuff, but, let's leave that out, mm'k?)

Bueno: The fact that I ran. Hello. (I found myself a very intense little training plan for Lewis & Clark and am psyched to get started. Which I do. Tomorrow. Eeek!)
No bueno: Um. El Scorcho. It's getting closer. Why am I insane? (but I'm secretly really excited)

Bueno: Burn Notice. June 3rd. Not that I'm like counting down or anything. (GlamNewlywed, there's a MiCo right around the corner from mi casa. Just sayin': MiCo+Burn Notice=perfection, yes?)

What things are bueno in your lives??

10 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Woo to the hoo on getting your booty on the dreadmill! It's funny how hard it can be to get started again. Like, don't our bodies REMEMBER how to run? Yikes. Way to go busting out 3.5 miles even with an asthma attack!

And cupcakes? Totally refueling!

Sara McCarty said...

Hell yeah!! Lewis & Clark in St. Louis here we come!! (although I have yet to get started b/c I'm sick and feel like poo, so I'll start next week, mm-k). :)

Kate said...

Yay for getting back in! I did the 5 mile run(slow jog)/walk yesterday and my hip flexors are now KILLING me! Plus, you are correct - SO HOT ALREADY! I thought I'd be nice and take The Boom with me and we were both dying after Mile 2... guess I didn't realize it was actually hovering around 90 degrees after a day inside the A/C!

Valerie said...

Great job on running 3.5 after a three week hiatus! I'm been pretty lazy lately and have found myself very unmotivated to workout. I just need to do it once to get back into it!

d.a.r. said...

Mmmmm cupcakes!!

Way to go on your run! I am struggling so much since OKC. I feel like I am running in mud. I don't know if it is mental or physical or both....or if I just need to have a margarita. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting back into running! I'm in the process of making my own "marathon mix" for Sunday's cleveland marathon and I'm feeling "eh" about it. I need funner, pump up-ier music!! What are some staple must-have running songs I should add to my list?? Help!

Lucky in Love said...

One time I bought four cupcakes from a shop. I came home, cut all four in half, and decided to save the rest of Matt...but I wanted to try them all. And then that would only be eating 2 cupcakes...which really isn't bad, right?

About 5 minutes went by until I decided that I could eat the rest.

Matt never even knew they existed.

Rad Runner said...

HILARIOUS
thank
you
so much
for this post!
I am still giggling

prashant said...

Way to go busting out 3.5 miles even with an asthma attack!
post free classifieds

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Running an ultramarathon at midnight? In July? In Texas? Girl, that's bueno cajones in my book. Well done you!