Scene: Me being a responsible little elf and trying to clean up the house and get things in order before my aunt comes to visit this weekend. And get to bed at a reasonable time so I can get up and kick ass at my track workout the following morning.
8:15PM: Take an Advil PM so that I will be able to fall asleep as my knee has been hurting lately. Putz around the house moving candles and pictures while keeping entertained by watching Bones in the background for a little bit.
8:45PM: Decide I'm feeling a little sleepy and decide to capitalize on that and get ready for bed (yes, I go to bed early).
9:05PM: All snug in bed with a beagle and am getting close to falling asleep. Success!
9:30PM: Still awake. Still awake. Dear brain, please turn off.
10:07PM: Go to sleep! Go to sleep! You have to wake up in like 6 hours. Go to sleep. The house will still be messy and you'll still hate the way the guest bedroom looks in the morning. It's not like you can clean right now. Or can you?
10:09PM: Ponder getting up, cleaning, rearranging and basically pulling an all-nighter. What? It worked it college, surely it would work now.
10:11PM: No, I'll just go to sleep. Damn. I should take another Advil PM. But, is that too much? Will I be able to wake up? Hmm.. I should have gotten that melatonin stuff our receptionist told me about. Also? I never thought I'd be the person worrying about sleeping meds. If I was on Twitter right now, I would use a hashtag for this as #I'mold (I'm old. Not I mold. Obviously).
11:15PM: Sigh. I'm over this.
1:39AM: Seriously?!?
3:55AM: Oh my jeeszus, the alarm goes off so soon. Please, just a few more minutes.
4:23AM: Alarm goes off. Oh hell no. Snooze.
And that my friends, is how I managed to miss yet another run because I am a damn insomniac these days.
Either that, or the taper is making me crazy.
Obviously, this results in Oreo cookies and Diet Coke for breakfast. Awesome.
Breakfast of champions, y'all. I hear this is how Ryan Hall starts his day too.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
This horror story is only all too familiar. I decided to take a second Excedrin PM at 11:30 the other night and was basically a zombie the next day. Yuck.
Hang in there! And, have another oreo!
Brownies and Pepsi for breakfast here...sorry you aren't sleeping well. :(
That sounds familiar. May the rest of your day be caffeinated.
Aw friend I'm sorry. I hate that!!
That's the story of my life right now too... and I just feel like such a lazy ass not getting up to go swim. Ugh, I'm in a funk! Butttttt I do like the oreos for bfast option. It'd be even better with milk tho :)
I hate when that happens! It's the worst... oreos make things better though. :D
I can completely relate! I've been quite the insomniac lately and it is complete torture! Hopefully you will get back into a better sleeping pattern soon.
I have the same problem. I literally cried this morning when the alarm went off. SO. TIRED. But yet we can't sleep...
I haven't been sleeping mostly because of a broken heart, and my brain just won't shut down and stop spinning thoughts about everything. Melatonin? Doesn't seem to be any more effective than when I take Advil PM. I've considered trying Ambien or something.
Could I just say that I laughed so loud (more in that, "I'm at work and I shouldn't be this loud so I'm trying to hide it and it's not working at all" kind of laugh) at "I'm mold." Because that's what I read at first.
Hi This is Nicole from Colies Kitchen I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com
Post a Comment