Because I enjoy torture, I ran a track workout this morning, and, well, yeah, I hurt myself. AGAIN.
In my mind, I figured, "Hey, muscle memory, if the last run I do is super fast, I'll be fast this weekend". What my body heard was "I hate you and I will kill you". Or something similar.
I'm limping around the office, pretending I'm fine and hoping that the power of positive thinking will magically heal my seriously aggravated IT band. ::finges crossed::
If not, it may be a game day decision about what to do. Never thought I'd say that. Crrrraaaappp.
Please send fairy dust and magic my way. Since I'm too much of an idiot to be smart.
Oh, and just for kicks, does this picture not crack you up? My cougar grandma and my "grandpa". Christmas, 1980. Love it!
(I have to post something funny to distract me from the mind numbing pain I'm currently in)(No, I look nothing like my dad's side of the family. As you've seen, I'm a mini version of my mama)


7 comments:
Oy! What did I tell you just YESTERDAY? Girlfriend, you're going to kill yourself. Have you tried custom-made orthotics? They cured all my IT band and shin splint issues. Dr. prescribed and covered by insurance. Just a suggestion...
Noooooooo girl! Ice ice ice, stretch stretch stretch, ibuprofen ibuprofen ibuprofen, and then foam roll some more for good measure. Sending positive vibes your way!
HA! Cougar...love it! IT Band injury are sent straight up from Lucifer...the evil jerk. Hope you heal quickly.
Sorry to hear it! Can you get a massage? I had a hurting ITB a couple of weeks ago and my massage therapist got it moving again.
I'm an expert in stupid too..but instead of exerting effort in any way, shape, or form.. I procrastinate and procrastinate and procrastinate over things that are really no big deal in the end. I'm a special kind of stupid...the lazy kind hahaahah.
P.S. Ice and be lazier.
Stop killing yourself! Haha.
Your grandma is my idol. Well, okay, she's not because I married a man twice my age... so...um, she's HIS idol. :D
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Heal quickly, love!
Post a Comment