Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Memory Lane

(also titled "Our Scanner is Currently Working So We Must Strike While the Iron is Hot")

Remember the onesies that I obsess over (here and here)?

Well, I found a picture of them.
So, I guess I was falsifying the story when I called them onesies, because, they clearly aren't. They are little cape sweater things--and the bonnets? Oh the bonnets. My heart aches.

I have no idea which one is my grandma and which one is my great aunt, but, I don't care. I adore this picture.

While we're doing the Memory Lane thing, here are some more pictures for ya.

That's my momma and our dog in our backyard--gosh, probably sometime in the early 80s.
Me and my momma (in my blonde phase) on her wedding day--November 2, 2002. (don't I look exactly like her? I totally lucked out because my sister looks just like our dad. Yay for my mom having the dominant genes!)
My momma and her girls at my High School Graduation. Again--blonde phase and before I discovered a flat iron.

L-R we have Jenny, Malia, momma, me and Aubrey. Jenny spent every Christmas Eve with us for YEARS. Malia's dad basically adopted me and Aubrey's mom and mine were best friends. My mom considered them her girls too. We're family.

My mom had that photo in an 8x10 frame in her living room. She was such a good mom. I sent that photo to all the girls last night.

I've been scanning up a storm since our scanner is currently not on the fritz. Prepare to see much more where this came from!

Isn't modern technology fun?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those bonnets! They're fantastic. You look so much like your gorgeous momma :) I love digging through old family photos, seriously one of my favorite things to do ever.

Samma said...

It's so funny, I was just thinking "She looks just like her mom", then the picture of y'all together! So neat!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love the pic of the babies! So sweet.

TUWABVB said...

Love the pictures - thank you for sharing! And as I said yesterday, you are you mom's twin! You both have such beautiful smiles.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, what incredible memories! I love ALL of the pics! so cute and pretty!

Tricia said...

Fun pics!

Sara McCarty said...

Love these pictures! You mom is beautiful! And yes, you do look exactly alike!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Oh, I just love the pictures! The one of your grandmother and great aunt is PRICELESS! Just look at those little cheeks. I do hope that you can find someone who does that type of knitting. You've got to have one for your babies one day!

Lucky in Love said...

LOVE these :) Your mama = beautiful!!