Suffice to say, I had a blast. It was tons of fun and I pretty much just want to pace races from here on out. No need to PR. I'm good, thanks. My next half is the week after Marine Corp and I got all excited about pacing that for a second and then was like "yeahhhh, not gonna happen. I'll be the last person to cross the finish line, for sure!". Anyways.
It was fun. I loved it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I haven't had a half marathon PR in a year and don't see it happening in the near future, but, I'm OK with that. I'm having fun with it. Well, as much fun as you can have running 13.1 miles and all.
Remind me why I do this again? What is sleep like? Because I have no idea.
Here's all of us in our pink and black finery. I agreed to wear bows with my monkey buns, having no idea how big they would be! HAHAHA. Cracks me up. It's like a hot pink halo!

Shannon and I ready to rock 2:30. It was kinda windy and our balloons totally popped at like mile 4. Oops.

Chillin' at the finish line after our breakfast burritos. Loved the medals! (seriously, does the hot pink halo not crack you up?! I'm dying!)

And that, my friends, was my first adventure into pacing. I would love, love, love to do it again.
I suggest that any of you runners find a way to give back to the races--either pace, volunteer, something! It's so worth it and you really get a taste of how much work goes into those events.
Happy Friday!
I'll be working at a 5k tomorrow morning and then run, run, runnin' on Sunday. Super exciting, yes? What are you doing?


9 comments:
Awwww how fun! Love the pics! I want to pace so bad! Glad you had fun now go enjoy the taper before MCM!!! Get some sleep you crazy woman!
Y'all look precious in all your pink! I always try to talk my cru into matching but I never get any takers, just strange looks! Your bows are adorable too!
I'm sure there were many racers SO glad that you paced. You probably brought a few to PRs!
And...is that Mark with you??? I see him at ALL the races. So fast!
CUTE, i love running/racing in style (aka, in costume). Perhaps I'll deck myself out in something ridiculous for Boston? Ha. Only if you're there cheering for me, being equally as ridiculous. Sounds like you've got a running-filled weekend ahead of you, have fun and enjoy the MCM taper!
Love love love the hot pink halo! I have just been so bad about running lately. I think I got totes burnt out. I have been jazzercising instead for cardio (and lost five pounds in the process!). So glad you had a great race!
Yes, the halo is my fav part! You are too cute!
That is awesome!! Congratulations! What an accomplishment! Hope you have gotten some rest :)
You are so stinkin' cute that I cannot even stand it!
that is the first time I've seen the group pic! awesome! I can't do anything in my hair - it's too crazy-go-nuts for it. but the pink halo was cool!
You are just too cute for words. Seriously. Don't know what to say. Other than CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!
Post a Comment