Yep, that's me-- a Midgee (like the little Tootsie Rolls! derrr) sized grown up. This poses many a problemo:
1. When you buy a "cropped" jacket, it ends up you know, hitting on your hips, thus, eliminating the cropped-ness. Annoying.
2. Pants need hemmed. All the time. I can't ever buy a pair of pants, throw them in the wash and wear them. Oh no, new clothes most often involve a trip to the tailors. Even dresses. Because they hit at the ankles and not the knees. Did clothing designers forget about us little ladies?
3. Trying to figure out how to look like a grown up, and not your kid sister playing dress up. It's a real feat, believe me. I think I've got it figured out with the low ponytail and extensive eye makeup. Either that, or I look like a classy hooker, or, you're Great Aunt Mildred after the lipo. Who knew?
4. Everything becomes low cut. Which would be nice, but, I ain't got nothin' to fill out the tops with to start! My, my, my!
But, it's all OK because Halloween is the one time a year that those little midgee Tootsie Rolls are in high demand. Everyone loves those puppies in their sack after a night of trick-or-treating (myself included). So, cheers to the fellow Midgees out there! Just remember, dynamite comes in a small package (my dad used to tell me that to make me feel better about my non existent height).
1. When you buy a "cropped" jacket, it ends up you know, hitting on your hips, thus, eliminating the cropped-ness. Annoying.
2. Pants need hemmed. All the time. I can't ever buy a pair of pants, throw them in the wash and wear them. Oh no, new clothes most often involve a trip to the tailors. Even dresses. Because they hit at the ankles and not the knees. Did clothing designers forget about us little ladies?
3. Trying to figure out how to look like a grown up, and not your kid sister playing dress up. It's a real feat, believe me. I think I've got it figured out with the low ponytail and extensive eye makeup. Either that, or I look like a classy hooker, or, you're Great Aunt Mildred after the lipo. Who knew?
4. Everything becomes low cut. Which would be nice, but, I ain't got nothin' to fill out the tops with to start! My, my, my!
But, it's all OK because Halloween is the one time a year that those little midgee Tootsie Rolls are in high demand. Everyone loves those puppies in their sack after a night of trick-or-treating (myself included). So, cheers to the fellow Midgees out there! Just remember, dynamite comes in a small package (my dad used to tell me that to make me feel better about my non existent height).
P.S. I ran 4.9 miles last night--woo whoo! I won't tell you how long it took, because, that will defeat the coolness, but, let's just say I was one tuckered out lady when I got home. I pretty much laid on the sofa in pain. But! 4.9 is good! And, did I mention my new goal is a half marathon? When did I become so crazy? According to my training, I have to run 6 miles on Saturday. Can I get some good vibes coming my way Saturday morning? That would be great. And, I went to yoga today. But, I am currently de-yoga-ing by eating a baggie of fruit snacks that I hijacked from the student interview suite. And to think I was just going in there for crackers...
Anyways, it was raining here, which was fabulous--hope it's fabulous wherever you are.
xoxox
SP


6 comments:
YAYAYAYAYAY
good for you on the 4.9!!! You're WAYYYYY ahead of me right now!!!
And you went to yoga???? ok, i need to go to the gym...
WOW! 4.9 miles and yoga... I read this and laugh as I'm eating lots and LOTS of chocolate. And now I need to go get some Tootsie Rolls, I do love those little things!
Really though- wow! Good job with the running! I think I might just have to venture out for a brisk walk tonight... just maybe!
I'M A TOOTSIE ROLL, TOO!!!
I'M 5'2"!!!
Hi Ally!
I have your name for the Christmas swap/gift on the Diva site...so please email me your address...thanks!! Lyla
lylanock23@yahoo.com
Love tootsie rolls!! ANytime of the year.
Just how tall are you?
I'm only 5'4" myself--which I guess is just borderline between petite and average.
Way to go on the 4.9!!!
I'll be sending all kinds of good vibes your way Saturday!!
you are truly inspirational, SP!
Post a Comment