Monday, October 13, 2008

Musings & Monday

Good morning!! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I know a whole mess of Longhorns sure did (sorry OU fans, we can't help it--Texas is just better).
Welcome to Monday....

1. Did I not tell you that Pei Wei would be dinner on Friday? Well, it was. Of course. Because the thought of cooking was just "ehh". And I knew I had a long weekend a head of me.

2. You know that cute shirt I got a Target? The white one? Well, naturally, they had a red one that I may or may not have picked up last week which I may or may not have worn on Friday. Because a cute outfit really helps the day go that much better! --seriously. I felt very smiley in my cute outfit. Is that weird?

3. Spent the good part of Saturday morning (post run, I might add) making jewelry--I'll have to post the pictures--I was actually successful!

4. Saturday afternoon and evening = worked.

5. Here's what the next few weekends look like: Oct 18: church activity from 4:30-10PM (seriously). Oct 25: Leave for London. Nov 1: Husband will be gone--I will hopefully be getting hair done(?). Nov 8: Recovering from awful wisdom teeth removal... Can a girl not get a moment to herself?? I'm exhausted just thinking about all of it!

6. Dude, seriously, freaking the heck out about London. I haven't been overseas in like, oh, um, 11 years! Do I need an adaptor? How will I plug in flat iron, cell phone and computer? Seriously, freaking out. Did I mention I'm solo on this? For real. Customs. Alone. Heathrow. Alone. You have GOT to be kidding me. Seriously though, any advice? Anyone have an adaptor I could use? Oh, and, I need to make sure my cell phone can call internationally. Sure.

7. Deep breaths. Calm...

8. Did I mention I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year? Yeah...

9. But! It will all be OK. I think. I hope.

10. The days are ticking away and The Plan is not going as swimmingly as I would have hoped for... Stress... Work... No desire to run... Halloween candy... Ya know, they all are kinda ruining it. Bastards!

11. And, today is Fall Break... but, I'm a work. I'm sure this is some sort of crime. I'd really like to start a task force to look into this whole only several holidays a year nonsense. Anyone want to join??

12. Can you tell I'm a little panicky today? There's just so much to do!

13. Really hoping I can make it through the next month... A lot going on...

14. Pam better be on this weeks episode of The Office. Or else.

15. Should I even attempt The Meal Plan this week? Cause I'm thinkin' no.

16. But, it's getting closer to Christmas, and that just makes it all better, right? Right?!


OK lovelies, I must go find myself a nice big piece of chocolate to calm my nerves (calories, what calories? My franticness negates any calories, duh!). Thank you for joining us in this episode of "SP Freaks Out. A lot." Hopefully, it won't happen again. For a while at least.

Have a fabulous Monday!
xoxox
SP

8 comments:

also known as shell said...

oh yes chocolate makes everything better. Seriously. My favorites are those new premium M&M's that are like $4 a pkg. So worth it though. And get a big Sodie pop to go with it. Sit back in bed and watch a good movie. Perfect night!

GrannySmithGreen said...

LONDON!!! Yipee! It's one of my all time favorites! I wish I could hop on that plane and go too! (Hey, then you wouldn't have to do it alone!) What fun! Do you know where you are staying?

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

London will make all of the stress worth it. Heathrow really isn't too terrible, and worth it for the people watching alone. My #1 going through customs rule - avoid at all costs the line with the (cranky, overworked, unattractive) lady at the helm. Trust me on this.

Chocolate intake doesn't count Monday-Fridays, or on special event weekends or holidays. Just thought you would want to know.

Kaci said...

Yikes you are making my head spin! I need chocolate!

{amy k.} said...

Oh my- so funny! No need to stress, you'll handle it like a pro I'm sure. And after all- if you have chocolate and that new, cute red shirt... you're set!

Saucy said...

What you need, SP, is some of that Autumn Mix you're always raving about and some chocolate too... and then just make a list and start stroking things off it... that's the only way... sorry.

But really, reading your little freak outs is entertaining anyway!

Mikki said...

OK, in through your nose, out through your mouth. That's it, just relax...you can do this.
Yup, lists are good. Just write out some list. You'll be fine, just fine. :o)

Natalie said...

OK, you all convinced me...I'll go have some chocolate. It is a bit early, though. Maybe hot chocolate with a few chocolate chips thrown in. I love that shirt too and one in red with chunky necklace? Gotta see that. I totally want one. Target has amazing clothes (and deals!) Tis nothing to be ashamed of.