Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Royally Fitting: SP in London

In the very near future Her Shabbyness will depart from terminal D and hop herself a flight to London's Heathrow Airport. After which she will get through customs nicely and take a proper British taxi cab (because she looked at the underground lines--and she'd have to walk a few blocks to the hotel. With luggage. Notsomuch) and arrive at lovely hotel in lovely Greenpark and sleep off jetlag.

Then what will she do? I don't know!

Please, fill in the blanks for what SP should do on a lovely Sunday afternoon/evening in London. Apart of course from stalking Kate Middleton--that's already on the agenda from 5:43 PM.

And, since SP will be in meetings Monday afternoon and Tuesday mid-morning-ish, what else shall she do? Where is a good place to eat in the Greenpark/Mayfair area (because, it's SP, we know she needs her food).

And, of course--what to wear!! It will be late October. Of course she'll have her suits for her meetings, but, what would Kate Middleton wear?

OK, now go! Answers away! I know some of you commenters have been to London, so, help, help a blogette out.

Oh, and, feel free to join her in London. Wouldn't it be just marvelous?? Europafox, if only you were closer to London!

Have a fabulous and glamorous and divine day my dears!
xoxo
SP

PS. Thank you for your sweet comments yesterday. I had a big batch of oatmeal cookies (because the oatmeal negates the sugar) and felt better. The freak out has ended. For now.

14 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Wish I could be of more help.... I stay with friends every time I am in London... As far as weather goes, it might be cool and drizzly. As least, it was like that every time I was there. Enjoy! I love that city.

Jessica said...

no advice - i've never been, but i'm so excited for you!!

photography by suzanne said...

Have a wonderful time. I have never been to London, so I am no help on what to wear. You will be adorable no matter what you wear!
East some cookies for me.

Monogramchick said...

I so wish I could help you out, but can't wait to hear what you come up with!
I'm impressed with your Italian lessons, you'll be ready for Italy!

Mojito Maven said...

did i mention i'm jealous?!?

I wish I could be of help but I've only been to London once a long, long time ago and I don't remember it :(

GrannySmithGreen said...

OK, let's see:
-The Victoria and Albert Museum
-Harrod's, go to every floor, every department
-The Tower of London--YOUR crown is there!
-The Reject China Shop, it's near V&A and Harrod's
-Claridge's for afternoon tea

I'll try to think of others--if not, have a marvelous time!

Sarah B. said...

Yep..I am jealous too. As far as weather..I remember Nov and Jan were cold and slightly breezy. So I am guessing Oct will be cold also. Did I mention..jealous. I wish I could chaperone. :)
You will be in the perfect location to go to The Ritz for Afternoon Tea..or they have some nice restaurants if you feel like splurging. You will definitely feel like a Princess in that place. And you will be so close to all the beautiful parks and Kensington Gardens. See the free stuff. Buckingham Palace. Whatever you end up doing remember to enjoy it and come back with lots of fun stories about meeting Kate!

April said...

Wow...I am so jealous too. (Looks like we are ALL green with envy here...)

Do you think Americans sound as sexy as the Brits do here? The entire time I would want to fake a british accent.

I can't help you out on this one because I am lame and have never been. But I will be "tawking loike this ol dye" for inspiration.

Natster said...

Although I have never been to London- I just wanted to wish you luck! What a wonderful adventure!!!

Mikki said...

I've never been either. Sorry. I do see you got some good advice though. Hope you have a wonderful time.Be sure to take lots of pictures.

Saucy said...

My mother is in London EVEN AS I WRITE YOU THIS COMMENT... go to Liberty of London on Sloane Street (if you like anthropologie)

Ashley said...

Wow, I'm so jealous you get to go to LONDON on business! That is amazing! My advice... hit up all the incredible museums you can! The London museums are all FREE and they are all fabulous! Also, you should go shopping at Harrods, and do a double-decker bus tour so you can see as much of the city as you can in a short period of time. You will love it! I am jealous!!!

Whitney said...

oh, i love London. I have only been once, but it was pretty incredible. HAVE FUN!!!

Kellie said...

London sounds so exciting! Having never been there I can't offer any help, sadly. I would try not to gawk around town looking like a small town hick from Kentucky, but alas, that is what I would undoubtedly do. So don't do that. ;)

SO excited for you...can't wait to hear about the fabulousness that will be London!