Also titled: "85% of my Paycheck Goes to Target and I don't Need Minted.com to Tell Me That" (true story)
And this is how yesterday played out:
I feel bad. I haven't sent Rach a package yet. Must fix this. Target trip after work. Hm. What does she need? ::pulls up email:: OK. Long sleeve shirts, leggings, socks--warm stuff. And foundation. Crap. I don't know what kind she wears. Solution? Call MIL. New mission? Find leggings since MIL wasn't able to find any--however, I have 4 Target stores within a 5 mile radius of mi casa, so, I will find leggings.
Tra la, la, Target is so fun. Tra la, la.
Gloves? Check. Warm leggings? Check (or, you know, yoga pants--whatever, she's getting them. Two pair!). Socks? OK. Well, what kind of socks? She said warm socks. So...Boot socks? Knee high or crew? How about both? Done.
Long sleeve tee shirts? Of course. Red shirt. Blue shirt. Black shirt. Green shirt. Done.
And it's cold up there, so, she'll need some lotion and chapstick and stuff. Naturally, I need new chapstick. Oh, and some travel sized hand sanitizer--she loves hand sanitizer. Weird, I know.
And gummi bears. And mascara--since I at least know the kind of mascara she uses. Anything else? Ohh! Fuzzy Halloween socks. Yes. Naturally.
And that my friends, is how I managed to kill more than $125 at Target last night.
But, you know what? I'd spend my entire paycheck on this chickadee if it was needed.
I love my sissypants more than shoes and would do anything for her. She's an amazing person and while I miss her like crazy, I am so grateful to her and her service each and every single day.
Sending her some warm clothes and "provisions" is the least I can do. (I'm also jonesing for Best Sister In Law Ever status, but, that's neither here nor there)


9 comments:
I know what you mean about Target. It's so easy to spend like crazy. I'm on the budgeting track myself and am finding it exceedingly difficult. I asked myself, how does one create a food budget anyway?
That's so sweet of you to take care of your sister like that! I think Target can get any girl in trouble!
Target is so damn dangerous! But you are being a good sil, so what's a girl to do?
You sound just like me. Although I probably wouldn't have stopped at $125 and I would have bought one of everything for myself too. Because that's only fair. :) You're such a good sister!
Oh gosh...every dime goes to Target for me too. Sigh
You are such a good SIL to send her such a full care package. I know she'll have fun going through all of it and feel the love you put into getting all the right things. Who doesn't love hearing from home???
I can ALWAYS spend at least $100 at Target. When I was younger and poorer, it used to be $20. What happened? Somehow I've upped my Target quota. Eh, inflation. But I love it still!
Holy crapola, where do you live that you have that many Targets?! Haha. I really would be broke. Love me some Target.
Oh Target. Thank goodness my small crappy town only has one and it is the size of my living room. It has been a blessing to our budget!
You're amazing :)
Post a Comment