So, anyone who knows me, knows that I am rather borderline obsessed with HGTV. I blame this new found obsession on that fact that we actually own a home and I can actually do stuff to it, rather than stomp angrily around my tiny rental and complain about the stupid paint colors (not that I ever did that or anything). Or that I'm getting older. One of the two.
Either way, I'm obsessed. Design on a Dime is a favorite, because, heck, I figure I could swing $1000 at some point and I love watching how the stretch their dollars.
Anyways, a few weeks back, they had a "Rustic Living Room" episode which I really, really wanted to see because, heck, that's exactly how we want our living room to look. Well, of course, I missed the episode, and it's been bugging me ever since.
Apparently, I have dreams about Carter Oosterhouse now. And, I gotta tell you, I don't really watch his show that often, mainly because it intimidates the heck out of me.
Either way, I'm obsessed. Design on a Dime is a favorite, because, heck, I figure I could swing $1000 at some point and I love watching how the stretch their dollars.
Anyways, a few weeks back, they had a "Rustic Living Room" episode which I really, really wanted to see because, heck, that's exactly how we want our living room to look. Well, of course, I missed the episode, and it's been bugging me ever since.
Apparently, I have dreams about Carter Oosterhouse now. And, I gotta tell you, I don't really watch his show that often, mainly because it intimidates the heck out of me.
And these aren't like "Carter, I love you" type dreams. No, no. These are Carter Oosterhouse coming and fixing up my house, type dreams. I know, wildly romantic.
Example: I sign our house up for Design on a Dime (like I said, obsessed) and I want them to re-create the Rustic Living Room (it totally re-runs on Feb. 23rd, I will watch it!). Well, they don't show up. The team from Carter Can shows up, and they do this fabulous $10,000 living room re-model and I'm in house heaven.....Until I realize that we don't have $10,000. And then the rest of my dream is me stressing out about how I'm going to pay HGTV $10,000 that I totally don't have. Lovely.
Any dream analysts out there?
Although, not gonna lie, if HGTV wants to re-design my living room, I'm not exactly going to argue about it.
PS. Simon Baker was on Leno last night. I fell asleep during Headlines (blast!) and missed it. Pretty, I hear Leno posts full episodes online. I think we all know what I'll be doing around 3:15 this afternoon.....
P.P.S. All bets are off for the Portuguese Water dog. My dad likes the Belgian Tervuren... He was infatuated with that dog last night (oh, don't worry, I got the play by play of the Westminster Kennel Club show live--from the announcers, and, you know, my dad. Who didn't understand that I was watching it. Live. Sheesh. And boy, can those owners handlers scream!? Surprised my dad is not deaf by now.).
Example: I sign our house up for Design on a Dime (like I said, obsessed) and I want them to re-create the Rustic Living Room (it totally re-runs on Feb. 23rd, I will watch it!). Well, they don't show up. The team from Carter Can shows up, and they do this fabulous $10,000 living room re-model and I'm in house heaven.....Until I realize that we don't have $10,000. And then the rest of my dream is me stressing out about how I'm going to pay HGTV $10,000 that I totally don't have. Lovely.
Any dream analysts out there?
Although, not gonna lie, if HGTV wants to re-design my living room, I'm not exactly going to argue about it.
PS. Simon Baker was on Leno last night. I fell asleep during Headlines (blast!) and missed it. Pretty, I hear Leno posts full episodes online. I think we all know what I'll be doing around 3:15 this afternoon.....
P.P.S. All bets are off for the Portuguese Water dog. My dad likes the Belgian Tervuren... He was infatuated with that dog last night (oh, don't worry, I got the play by play of the Westminster Kennel Club show live--from the announcers, and, you know, my dad. Who didn't understand that I was watching it. Live. Sheesh. And boy, can those owners handlers scream!? Surprised my dad is not deaf by now.).


11 comments:
I LOVE HGTV! When I got home last night I actually turned the TV on to that very station. Unfortunately, we are renting, so I can only dream of doing projects right now. I wish I were as creative as some of the people on these shows. That's so funny that you have dreams with Carter in them! If only they would do these remodelings for free. I'm really not sure how to interpret dreams but it sounds like you are worried about how your living room looks and if you can accomplish what you want with it. But like I said, I don't know how to interpret dreams so it could mean anything :)
Oh I, too, am obsessed with HGTV. I *heart* it LOTS. Rate my space...I'm all over it. I drive my carpenter hubby nuts! I sometimes decorate while he's out of town (so much easier that way!).
I'm a new follower to your blog and I must say I'm enjoying the read.
I watch HGTV so much I should be in therapy for it. The last episode of Deserving Design with Vern Yip actually made me bawl my eyes out.
Carter is definitely hot, but I have a teensy-weensy problem with his show, in that he's always using green products and going green. I have nothing against the environment, but I think it's kind of icky to have kitchen counters made of recycled materials. I mean...EW.
I have not been lured into HGTV yet, but Carter may be the reason I succumb. You can have him for design, I would just plant him in the living room and stare at him.
Oooh, and that's good to know about the online episodes for Baker viewing. Must investigate tonight.
also haven't gotten into HGTV which is odd since we too just bought a house...I guess my brain is on constant Food Network overload haha.
P.S. ignore the post above mine...I accidently posted as my other blog for DG..oops
I need to watch more HGTV I suppose :) We are looking to buy a house very soon :)
HGTV is the best! No worries - It's a healthy addiction.
Hey...send me some pics of your house. I would love to see what you have done so far.
What is HGTV?
I love that show!
Post a Comment