Monday, February 2, 2009

Musings & Monday

1. I think we've finally tackled the Date Sheet from You Know Where. I am not above sending frantic e-mails to former colleagues in Qatar and Wisconsin. Nope, not me. I'll take hand outs wherever I can. Time will tell if we all figured this thing out correctly. (if I wasn't typing, my fingers, toes and arms would be crossed, but, I'm typing)

2. I had every intention of cleaning my house on Saturday, but, a sick husband kind of took priority. Maybe tonight....


3. I spent Sunday afternoon watching re-run after re-run of The Closer. I want to be a crime solver. It'd be so much more exciting. Whatsaysyou of 'Officer SP'?


4. And I intend to watch the new episode tonight.


5. I might have recorded The Office and watched it ten minutes after it finished. You know, because, I didn't laugh hard enough the first time. (I can't help it, I have an illness, clearly)


6. Also, if you saw the trailer for the next episode, I have a theory and it involves all those who hate Jim Halpert. (
Pretty, let's talk).

7. I had the wonderful opportunity of brunching with the lovely
Mrs. Preppy on Saturday--and I must say, it was one of the best brunches I've had in a while--and I'm not just talking about the food. She's utterly fantastic! And, I must say, we were wearing nearly identical Tiffany bracelets. Just goes to show we both have divine taste.

8. Although, that divine taste of mine could be cancelled out by the fact that I'm eating a Smart Ones lunch at my desk. Thoughts?


9. Prayer request please: BFF R is back in the hospital, BFF L is there with her to keep her company and paint her nails and such. I am being told not to worry and they will call me if they need anything (hospital + my house = walking distance), but, I'm still worried sick. So, please, keep her in your prayers. Also.... BFF A is pregnant and having a bout with kidney stones! While pregnant--poor girl. She was hospitalized a few weeks ago because of it. Please keep her in your prayers as well that she won't have any more issues with that and she can finish out her pregnancy with no more issues.


10. I e-mailed my l'italiano professor to apologize about missing class. His response: "I totally understand. After class, my bike was covered in ice." Which brings me to this question: How'd he get home?


11. I'm considering starting a graduate degree this summer. I'm taking a Graduate Marketing Certificate class next fall, so, I'd have to balance the two, but, I figure 'hey, we can't have kids right now (excuse me while I try to regain composure... seriously....) I might as well do something. I'm not getting any younger (and not looking it--I need anti wrinkle cream of heaven or something).' So, that's my thought process.


12. I'm going to finish of my tres chis lunch and then deal with Data Sheet From You Know Where and then drown my day in a Diet Coke....


Oh! That reminds me. I have chocolate hidden in my desk.
xoxo,
SP

5 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

The Office was wonderful. As much as I love cats, I thought it was great when the cat went flying thru the ceiling tiles.

And, we do have wonderful taste! I loved your bracelet. I mentioned a double date to the Mr. and he was game!

Kaci said...

The Office was hilarious as always! =>

Becky said...

Okay,
a) How could anyone hate Jim? I think that has to be a crime in some states. He's the most loveable character on all TV. Period.
b) How does a pregnant girl survive kidney stones? I can barely make it through the day when I have "rhinitis of pregnancy" or one of those lovely pregnancy-related headaches. And I expect everyone around me to feel sorry for me! But seriously, I can't even imagine kidney stones on top of all the normal pregnancy stuff. That girl needs a gold medal or a million dollars or something -- she's my hero!
and finally,
c) Congrats on finishing up the Data Sheet from H-E-double hockey sticks.
Happy Monday!

Sarah B. said...

Ok...ditto on what Becky said. Love Jim and kidney stones while pregnant...not fair at all, poor thing.

Natalie said...

How could anyone not like Jim?!? He's the very best!