Thursday, February 5, 2009

I totally understand

I was at work until after 9 PM last night. I worked until 1 AM.

I got here at 8:12 AM. You do the math.


I'm still reeling about that phone call yesterday and need to rectify the situation, but, am still too fired up to do anything in a polite manner. (but, I know I need to be the bigger person and apologize tactfully. Right now, I'm too snarky to be tact.)

I can hardly type or move my wrist because of the lovely data entry.
I totally understand carpel tunnel now. Totally 100% get it.

I never want to see an Excel spreadsheet ever again.

I am making Valentine's goodies for my friends this weekend (think sugar cookies and the best chocolate cupcakes you've ever eaten), but believe that there's a very good chance I will eat all the dough and batter myself and fall into a sugar coma come Friday night.

Ahhhh, bliss.

15 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

ok yeah remember when i told you how i was jealous of your job? yeah I DEFINITELY LIED...9PM????????? that is insane!!!!!!!

Heather said...

You must be so tired!

Seaside Prep said...

ughh... so exhausting!! atleast its almost the weekend?

Hopsy said...

I am right there with you on the long hours! However, I LOVE my job and 12 or 14 hours flies by. In this economy I am just so greatful to have a job and one I love!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

You worked until 1 am!?! That is craZY! I probably would've quit right then and there! My sleep is precious to me. I hope it gets better for you and you get some slack.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

That sucks. Sorry! Hopefully the horrible spreadsheet goes away soon.

Isn't there a new "Office" on tonight? Something to look forward to, at least . . .

PS - Your comment about wedding photographers made me laugh, because I had the exact same problem. Exact. Still mad about it, too. So I can completely relate!

{amy k.} said...

ugh, that doesn't sound very fun! Good thing tomorrow is Friday! Hopefully you can get some good rest and eat lots of yummy treats! :)

jlc said...

I tagged you in my blog!!! :)

jlc said...

I tagged you in my blog!!! :)

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I mailed your Pink Swap package today!!! I hope you will get it on Saturday. If not, surely on Monday. I apologize for the delay in mailing it. I have had the items for quite a while, but I could not get my act together and get everything packed and taken to the post office. I hope you enjoyed all the items I sent you.
Love & blessings from NC?

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Sorry, I wrote and said that I hope you "enjoyed" your items and you haven't even gotten them yet.
LOL!!! Then I signed off and put a question mark, instead of an exclamation point. I think it is time to go to bed. ENJOY your Pink Swap items! I had fun shopping for you. Love & blessings!

The Blonde Duck said...

Sugar coma is definately needed after working until 1 a.m.! And you need some pie on top of that!

Kaci said...

Holy moly that's some serious over time! Hope you're hourly!! =>

Madison Sanders said...

I would be exhausted! That's dedication if I've ever heard of it.

Yeah, it's better to wait until you've calmed down.
I just found your blog through Make Mine a Mojito.

The Mrs. said...

Good Golly you deserve a foot massage and some fudge!