Today might surprise me.
Only time will tell.
It started out 'eh', because yours truly hit snooze too many times and did not make it to the gym for her AM run. Pretty sure this started the downward spiral that was my morning. Pretty sure I had a mild anxiety attack. Over what? I'm still not sure. Probably, lack of running. Insane.
At lunch, I took my sorry bum to the gym and hopped on the treadmill, hoping this would calm my nerves. And ya know what? That was unsuccessful--turns out, .5 miles is enough to cause me serious pain and despite my best efforts, running was not going to happen (pretty sure I messed up my leg on Saturday--awesome).
Luckily, I had gotten to the gym early enough to make my beloved body sculpt class. So, I ran upstairs and sculpted away. I've found in the past that doing weight training has helped when I have a bum leg--of course, it's the other leg this time (go figure), but, it was refreshing to still break a sweat and workout even if it wasn't running (this is what I have to keep telling myself).
Although, I do wish I had been able to run.
I'm supposed to do speedwork tomorrow (and I need to), so, here's hoping my IT band feels better by then ::does little make IT band better and quick raindance in cubicle and makes sure no one saw::
But, either way, I burned some calories. And y'all know how much I love to burn calories (because I like to eat--obviously).
And now I'm trying to distract myself from this necklace. Obviously, I need this. Why? I'm not really sure. I say because I have a half marathon this weekend. And damnit, I will tackle that thing and PR--bum leg or not (well, actually, yikes--bum legs do not usually equal PRs. Hell).
What are you lovin' today?
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Ok, so you're gimping and you have speedwork tomorrow and a 1/2 you want to PR in this weekend. Be smart and skip the speedwork tomorrow if you're not at least 98% or so. This weekend will be a better speed workout that what you can get tomorrow, so make sure you take yourself out of that one.
Re the necklace, it looks nice. Wear it during the race.
Im loving these jeweled flats from banana republic... wooo :) xxxoo
You're going to kill it. Race day adrenaline will pull you through. Pop some ibuprofen and truck on sista!
I have no running advice, as the only thing that might get me to run would be someone telling me they had $1 margaritas at Mi Cocina :)
But, in regards to the necklace... love it!
Oh no!!! Hope your leg gets to feeling better--in the meantime, distracting oneself with shiny, pretty things seems like the best route.
FRIEND, hear my wrath! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT run on your injured leg. You have a marathon coming up and you need to REST!
Mommy rant over.
Carry on.
Yes, you need the necklace.
Then you need to let me borrow it. :)
Very cute.
good luck! Love your blog.
http://www.rainxrunway.blogspot.com
Post a Comment