OSJ = Operation Skinny Jeans, as I chronicle my goal to fit back into my skinny jeans by the time Birthday Week/Marathon/Arizona Thanksgiving Circus rolls around.
Today, I have munched on eggs whites and toast; an apple; veggie soup + kiwi and a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. And the Diet Coke. Can't forget the DC. And lots of water--including coconut water as I worked it super hard this weekend on my run and am a firm believer in the rehydrating powers of coconut water. (don't worry, the day isn't over, this isn't all I'm going to eat, calm down)
Pounded out 5.5 miles at lunch. (yay!)
Was going to try to run again this evening to get in my miles, but, my left knee hurts so bad, I'm worried I've now aggravated my left IT Band (what are the odds, I mean, really?!), so, tonight might involve a lot of icing and stretching instead--I'm too excited about my marathon to let the pain keep me from running, but, I also am so excited about it that I don't want to get hurt this close to the end (plus, The Half with running pal on November 1st!). And I realize that running through injury is what led me to getting so hurt I couldn't walk--we won't be revisiting that anytime soon.
Also, I've lost 2 lbs since last week. Whoot.
I can totally be to my prime running weight come marathon day. I think. Yikes.
Thanks to everyone for you support! I know this is dry, and really only out there for me, but, the accountability really helps--thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement--about this and running--and everything else. :)
ETA: Just ate 3/4 of a bagel from Einstein's. Quickie work errand with co-worker left me with an upset stomach that needed carbs quick--or else! Not my favorite snack of choice, but, that's OK, I'll have a light dinner.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I need a post-wedding, happy-fat, OSJ myself. My clothes are becoming worrisomely tight, but football season is not conducive for weight loss.
Ooh, tell us more about coconut water!
Sounds like you're doing great, and hopefully all the ice will help with your knee. You go girl!
You're doing great! Congrats on the 2 lb. loss!
Want to know something funny/sad? The first thing I thought of when I read the word "icing" was like cake icing instead of ice icing. I have issues.
Yaaaaay honey you're on the upswing! Sweet!
2 lbs?! Wow girl that is awesome!! You are doing fabulous!!
Post a Comment