I finally went to yoga today (which I always type 'joga' the first time.... why do I do that?).
It's been a two-week hiatus, and one that I did not plan, but, no one wants to downward dog when their nose is dripping (cold from hell), or when they feel as if they might spontaneously pop at any given moment (mystery illness--and I imagine this is what that last month of pregnancy might feel like). Bleh.
So, I shelepped myself to yoga today and holy moly, am I glad I did. I was so sore and so tight, it's not even funny. Even my shoulders were tight! And I stretch after running, at night, in the morning--I'm a stretching machine--but, something about yoga just loosens me all up. I'm all bendy and jelly like right now--it's fabulous.
Ahhhh.....
I didn't even try to run today, which is a big improvement in my stubborn ass self. Yes, I'm still worried about being able to PR this weekend since I haven't pounded any pavement since Saturday, but, I ran my last half all gimptastic and it sucked. Even if I don't have any miles under my belt this week I'm thinking that just being pain free will be so amazing that I'll manage to keep a good pace--whereas last time I was dragging a$$ because my leg hurt so freaking bad. I like good, fun races in which I do not feel like death. I'm uber psyched about this one, so, I'm betting on "good".
I picked up my packet today at a local running store, and you know I can't be trusted in any kind of store for any period of time. Naturally, I found some new toys that I must.have.right.this.second (yes, I have a problem, yes, I'm fully aware of it. Lately, my budgeting ability has just gone down the drain).
A pair of compression/recovery socks which I am totally going to rock on Sunday because I'll be damned if my calf goes out again; a cute new patterned headband because we're determined for good race pictures and sweaty bangs stuck to my forehead (no matter how many bobby pins and hairspray!) do not make for good pictures; and of course, plenty of ShotBlocks, Nuun and SportBeans. Like a damn kid in a candy store, I kid you not.
Aren't you all going to be glad when this half is over and I cam stop blabbering about it? Ha, then you'll have to sit through me blabbering about the marathon.
Seriously, when did I become a runner? This is so crazy! (but I love it)
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Smart move not running today. You'll be fine this weekend. Take an easy run tomorrow of maybe 4-6 miles if you can. That's all you need.
Good to know you got to do some shopping, but did you get your race necklace?
Yoga was my game plan tonight, then I went to Target instead. Hmmpphh. I am nervous becuase it has been so long since I have gumbied, and my muscles are super tight. Good for you getting bendy!
Good for you for heading to yoga!! It always makes me feel so good too!! And seriously you are doing great - I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment