So, in the spirit of being honest, here it is: I haven't lost a single pound since I embarked on my whole "operation skinny jeans" efforts. In fact (excuse me while I cry in the corner), I'm at my heaviest that I've ever been right now as we speak (er, type?). And to be quite honest, I'm insanely depressed about it.
I could blame the illness (which I believe is in part responsible) or I could blame the fact that when I run, I eat more, I could come up with a whole host of excuses. But, there really aren't any.
The honest truth is, I've let myself get sloppy and lazy. And it suuuuuuucks.
I promised myself I would never look in the mirror and cry again. I promised myself I would never have to fight to fit into my favorite work pants again. I promised myself that this year, just for once, I'd feel good about myself on my birthday.
Massive fail.
I realize that when I lost all the weight, I was teetering around too skinny territory, and I think I've found a good weight for me: a weight I can maintain while running 30 miles a week, a weight where I fit into my clothes, feel good about the way I look, but am not so skinny that I must live on toast and soup in order to maintain my weight.
Too bad I passed that weight about 9 lbs ago. I want to get back down to that weight for my marathon because I know that I run better when I'm not haulin' 8+ lbs around my booty (and yes, that's where is goes--legs, booty and tum tum--awesome).
And yes, I realize that 8-9 lbs before November 22nd is a bit of a stretch, I totally realize that. But, I'm hoping for at least 5!
So, until the marathon (11/22)/my birthday (11/25)/Thanksgiving (11/26), you may have to stick with me as I babble about what I ate, etc as I try to keep myself accountible (how boring).
So, without further ado:
Breakfast (not hungry as I am still sick): one slice whole wheat toast with 1 heaping tablespoon of cashew butter, sprinkle of flax seeds, 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips and 2 Twizzlers. Shut up.
And, thus far I have snacked on cough drops and a strawberry hard candy.
I'm planning an 8.5 mile run after work since I was too sick to run yesterday (for real, I nearly passed out at work).
Hold me to this people, hold me to this!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
"November 22nd/my birthday"? Is that your birthday? Just asking bc it's mine.
Drink a lot of water. It will help to control your appetite. Your scale number will go up for a couple of days because you'll be really hydrated, but it will even out. Be careful about eating too little, because you'll slow your metabolism. You want to eat at least 80% of the calories your body needs. Even with as much as I run, I try to go with more protein at night. I shoot for carbs mid-day.
OK, that's all I have. I'm not a weight-loss expert. Burning excess fat is easy, but getting those final 10 pounds are tough. I've gained weight during 100-mile weeks.
Awww friend! Def drink lots of water and as much unprocessed food as possible. I subscribe to Jillian Michaels' newsletter and that was some advice to lose weight fast. You'll do great, I'm right there with you cheering you on! And in the same boat, I need to lose 10 though. We can do this!!
I'm definitely wishing you so much luck in your journey! Losing weight is a serious bitch. Yep. That's right. It just is. But you have your support system right here!
ok listen you.... you are gorgeous... you cannot sit infront of the mirror and cry!!! please??? Im going to do the same... ive been upset forever about me changing from a size 4 to a size 6... but I mean what can i do!! grrr... im hoping for the swine flu = insta weightloss, hahah xxxooo
You can do it honey! Reach for the healthy stuff first, and put all of the unhealthy stuff out of sight!
Also, if you try to cut out sugar, wheat and dairy (as best as you can), you'll probably be surprised at how quickly those pounds start peeling off!
Good luck :)
First of all skinny jeans aren't for everyone. I'm 5'2'' and about 110 lbs and overall pretty petite. BUT I gain weight in my legs and love handles and no matter what I do, skinny jeans don't work for me and I've finally made peace with it. I also teetered around unhealthy skinny for a while and I realized I'm happier being not in skinny jeans but also eating pizza sometimes.
I highly recommend Gap's new jeans Long and Lean. 4 stars.
Also skinny jeans are over rated. I'm into trouser jeans rachel zoe style.
And ps you're so super in shape who cares about skinny jeans!
you're hot. wear the skinny jeans whenever you feel like it sister!!
You look great, and are obviously in great shape! I would kill to be in your shoes!
You look great, and are obviously in great shape! I would kill to be in your shoes!
You can do it sister!!! =) Be your own inspiration, I believe in you!
Honey - I'm not trying to make excsues for you either, but honestly, you have been fighting this bug/illness/issue for so long with no answers, I'm not surprised that it's having an effect on you. Please don't beat yourself up too much.
i hate my skinny jeans, toooooooooo!!!!!!!
let's get together and burn ours :) :)
Post a Comment