1. It is raining cats & dogs today! Went to sleep early last night (read: tried) but it was so damn stormy that it just wasn't possible! Lighting was soooo bright and our poor little puppies were scared and they rarely get scared of storms. Poor kiddos. It was pretty intense--fairly certain our pool is now overflowing because of all the rain.
2. Ran 20.25 on Saturday. Yes, yes, I was supposed to do 22, I'm aware of that. I actually woke up early to run a few miles before our group meet up, but, considering it was freezing (made a last minute purchase on Friday night to get full on long pants vs. my capris) and you know, freakishly dark, I just didn't feel safe going out by myself at 5:00 AM. During the summer at 5AM there are always people out, so, I don't feel as nervous, even if it is dark, but, notsomuch when it starts getting cold. Anyway, 20.25 was good. Felt worlds better than I did for last weeks 20 miler, and looking back, I probably could have made it the additional 1.75, but, I've gotten so used to running with the group that I was honestly bored out of my mind (even with my iPod) and I was worried about it getting too late in the day when I had 500 million things on my to-do list. Whatever. I'll tackle 22 on November 7th. Early morning and all.
3. Went to bed Saturday night thinking "I totally could have run a marathon today" and then those thoughts were replaced with "Do you think I could run White Rock?"--to which the answer is 'no' because I don't want to pay the full fee--I am registered for the half however (White Rock is 3 weeks after Tulsa--yes, I'm nutso).
4. Crazy week at work this week. Bleh!!
5. The Half this weekend! My left IT band is hurting today, so, I've got to take it easy this week because I'm ready to kick this half's booty. For real. Hills? I'm coming for ya. (read: speedwork and hills this week? Oh my!). Seriously, y'all, don't let me slack off.
6. I was in a baking mood this weekend and made corn muffins, sweet rolls and cookies (shh, they were vegan cookies--don't tell the hubs or the sis). Not the best for the diet--but, I have been mostly living off salads and veggies and feel better.... Let's hope this translates into looking better too. I am determined to feel great on my birthday.
7. Have a lunch thing today, which means no yoga, which means, angry legs--should have gotten up early and yoga-ed, but, considering it was way late by the time the storms died down and I was able to semi sleep last night, I figured the extra sleep would do me better since tonight is my late night. Maybe I can get a quick few minutes in after class tonight? My leggies just need to stretch--and since I'm going to put them through running and body sculpt tomorrow, plus speed/hills on Wednesday and a long run on Thursday (holy hell), I need to be nice to them now. Kinda wish I didn't have the lunch thing.
8. Can you even believe how close it is to Christmas? Because I really can't. Wasn't it February like yesterday? I have mixed feelings about going home for Christmas this year. Eh.
9. Hotel is booked for Tulsa!! Although, my dad did not get a late checkout--and I haven't really figured that one out yet. Um, yeah, I'll still be running at check out time. Where will I take an ice bath and get clean? These are the big issues people! (um, we do have friends in Tulsa. Would it be wildly inappropriate to just show up all sweaty on their doorstep?)
10. I actually did my homework for class--can you believe it? Yay me.
11. I want pizza. This is not good. It's not even 10:30 yet.
12. A year ago, I was in London. Boo. I want to go back so badly.
13. My hands smell like garlic for some odd reason. Warding off vampires, perhaps? Hm.
Happy Monday!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
20+ is still respectable! :)
vegan cookies!!! hahaha... and your 20 miles, omg... i would be on the floor.. you go girlie, xxxoo
You seriously rock. I was complaining about a 8 mile run yesterday! I've had a lot of friends run the half at White Rock and say its super fun. Good luck on your half this weekend!!
I think 20 is amazing! I want to go back to London so badly. i am trying to convince my family that Christmas 2010 in London is a great idea.
When you go 20+ and you think to yourself, "I could have run a marathon today" ... that's a good sign. If you even think that, then you could have, because race day is different.
As for White Rock, sacrifice $1 a day from something you do for the next 30 days and get those extra 13.1 miles in. If you really want to run the full, and it sounds like you do, you'll be glad you did.
Happy Monday to you as well. It's close enough to Halloween to worry about those pesky vamps. ;)
I too want pizza.
Great job on your run!!!!
Aw you are so cute! I need to get in a baking mood because my hubs is seriously craving cookie dough!
christmas? girl are you on crack? don't breathe that word until november 27th.
LOL garlic? Could be worse. :) Yay for 20.25 freakin awesome
Look at you. You are a RUNNER!!!!
Ah, yes, the infamous garlic hands. I've had them myself. It's not a bad smell (i'm a garlic lover) but its really odd when you get a whiff, huh?
So much good luck in Tulsa! You'll be running right pass my school!!
Post a Comment