I apparently, cannot dress for the weather (I sense this is where Glamorous Newlywed would give me some advice like 'you only dress for you, the weather will change' or some other fabulous fashion ditty). I wore flats today because it's raining cats and dogs outside and realized that I would look insane in heels.
Until I was up to my ankles in water walking to my office. Boots would have been smart.
I am not smart.
Y'all know how I've been all Miss Moneybags with my online shopping spree lately, yes? (and let me explain that I am never Miss Moneybags, I had some $$ saved up and after purging my closet, I realized that I needed new clothes. So I bought some! And accessories. Of course. )
Well, it seems that I've finally found a medication that seems to work on mystery illness of death. So, I giddily called in a refill earlier this week (doc only gave me samples).
Husband goes to pick it up today and calls me to inform me that my prescription, after insurance is $155. And there's no generic option. I am thrilled, obviously.
And I have no idea how much my other perception is because again, with the damn samples.
I'm guessing about $300/month for this crap (not including BC!).
I am really starting to freak out. I understand that a lot of people have really expensive medications and struggle to pay for them, I know that I don't have a disease like cancer or something where I absolutely cannot miss a pill, but, my heavens! I have no idea where I'm going to find $300 extra dollars each month.
I already looked under the sofa and only found $1.15. I can't even buy a soda with that.
And, I feel guilty because now it's so clear to me why I had that extra money saved up, and I just went all hog wild and blew it without knowing what was ahead.
Lesson learned.
No more online shopping.
Woe is me.
(thanks for listening, I know I've been whiney, but, please, let me distract you from that with mentions of Jim & Pam. Quick! Jim & Pam, Jim & Pam!--that helped, didn't it?)
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
i hear ya. i don't pay $300 a month but what i do have to pay still hurts. but if it makes you feel normal again you can't put a price on that - cheesy i know but true
I'm sorry! That is so much per month! But at least you are feeling better, and that's what counts in the end right?
oh no, i'm sorry! come on insurance, pay up for ma girl! i'm glad there's a pill out there for you though =) maybe your couch will keep spitting out $1.15s for you=) hugs!
OMG. How did you know I would have said that??? Ok, probably I would said something slightly less eloquent, like, "The weather is your b****, dress however the heck you want". But, you definitely go the general idea :)
Is there any way that your dr can prescribe another med/combination of meds that have generic equivalents so as to bring your out of pocket $$ down? At least you feel better!
Speaking of doctors, I have a funny story to tell you tomorrow :) Yay!
Talk to your doctor - s/he might have some other options in mind once you know that this medication is working - or they might just give you a crapload of samples to hold you over. They are usually good with this kind of thing if you tell them that the $$ is a lot to spend in a month.
That's outrageous! I can't believe it is so expensive!! So sorry friend....but I am glad that it makes you feel better :)
Post a Comment