Y'all this has me in all sorts of a tizzy.
I ordered a fabulous top from Anthro online the other day--I've been dreaming about it (I kid you not)--I even bought a new necklace and earrings to go with the damn thing (which, by the way, will match nothing I currently own).
So, imagine my horror, when I receive an e-mail this morning informing me that my top is no longer in stock and I will not be receiving it.
Ohh, I was mad.
I might have shed a tear or two. I might have spent hours searching for it on eBay. I'm still wildly upset. Which yes, I realize is rather childish, but, I really, really, really wanted it (insert feet stomping and dramatic arms crossing over the chest with a pout). And now what the crap am I going to do with my new jewelry?
Which brings me to my point: why the hell did Anthro even let me put it in my shopping cart in the first place, hmmm? At most any other stores, if it's not in my size, it doesn't get into the bag because there's some sort of little internet elf who looks around the inventory and says "no ma'am" before it ever makes it into my bag, and then into my confirmation e-mail--apparently, Anthro lacks said internet elves.
On the upside, I guess I did save some money.
On the down side, I'm now utterly obsessed with finding a new shirt that I can wear a) with jeans b) to the office and c) that will compliment all my new bright red accessories.
When did I become so high maintenance?
(I'm willing to take recommendations on new tops I could buy, or barter if anyone has the one in question. I realize I'm crazy.)
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
It's not high maintenance, darling - just being discerning. What a bummer!
That sucks! And is totally lame that they even let you buy it if it wasn't available. That happened to me at Brooks Brothers before when I was shopping for an anniversary gift for Matt. Everything was back ordered...and then wasn't really ready the day they said...it was awful.
I hope you find a new shirt soon!
Ugh that's the worst! Sorry friend!
ok, seriously WHY do they even let you order it?!?
Restoration Hardware did the exact same thing to me with a mirror. i waited MONTHS for it until one day I got a letter in the mail saying that it was no longer available. WTF
GRRR
UGH! I HATE it when that happens! Hope you find something soon!
Awww dolly!!!! I hate when stores do that.. there was this amazing bowl from Crate and Barrell and i put it in my cart and it was gone... grrrr... I hope you find your top!!! xxxoo
Wow, thats horrible. Will they help you at all? Lilly was so wonderful about my skirt; they found the size and everything and because I ordered the wrong size, I thought it was gone forever. Try giving corporate a call because they should not allow the order to go through, well, in my humble opinion anyway ;-)
the same thing happened to me once from anthro. NOT ok. This is like fashion sin at its worst.
I want to see the top!
That doesn't seem fair at all. I would call them to complain and try to get a discount on something else - you know, just to make yourself feel better.
I hate when things like that happen! J.crew does something similar, but they don't actually let you check out. But they tease you and let you think because it is in your shopping cart it is yours and then you go to check out because you were still shopping earlier and poof, it's gone. Shame on Anthro.
oh that's such a bummer! i can't believe they let you buy it and then break the news! now you HAVE to get another outfit to match the earrings and necklace, ha! i'm with ya. =)
Post a Comment