Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"You gotta have a license to own a monkey"

If you know what show that's from, it's evident that we're destined to be friends.


This is my monkey. And no, I don't have a license for her. Please don't tell the state of Texas about it, K?

(yes, she's on the coffee table. And her brother is watching in the background)

I think she's doing much better today--she spent yesterday either sleeping with the husband or with Rach. Our regular vet put her on some anti nausea meds and some meds to coat her stomach, and they said it would cause drowsiness, so, her sleeping all day was normal. She had an appetite for dinner and had no problem finished off her kitty sissy's dinner either--which basically means she's feeling pretty normal.

When I left this morning, she and her brother were sound asleep in bed, so, I think she's on the upswing.


The vets think she probably ate something she wasn't supposed to, as Monday afternoon, she did get into the trash. They're thinking a cotton pad with nail polish remover--and I painted my nails last week.

I feel awful! I accidentally poisoned my dog! I used to work for the SPCA for crying out loud. I cannot even believe this. I should also mention that this was our bathroom trashcan and we keep that door closed 24/7 for the safety of our dogs and we empty the trash regularly, but, it's possible that a cotton pad got stuck somewhere, and, lately, she has learned how to open the door. Sure, why not.


Anyways, thanks for your care and concern about our little Ella Mae monkey, she seems to be doing much better and I really appreciate everyone's kind words and prayers. Ella would say thank you too, but, she's busy sleeping and dreaming about bacon and sausages.

10 comments:

TUWABVB said...

I am so relieved that she's on the mend - I was so worried for you. She looks pretty happy in the picture!

Dollface said...

Im glad shes better!! Is that from Friends??? xxxxoo

photography by suzanne said...

Hi Ally!

Have a great run this weekend. Glad puppy is doing better.

Chocolate Lover said...

So glad she is doing better!

Lindsey said...

Aw that pic is so cute!!

Samma said...

She's adorable! It's not your fault- who would think that a pup would want to chew on a chemical laden piece of cotton?

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww your little monkey is looking so cute! so glad she's feeling better girl!

Lucky in Love said...

So glad she's feeling better :) And don't feel too bad! How can dogs open doors?? Crazy!

Glamorous Newlywed said...

Poor little pumpkin!!! Winston was VERY worried.

Kaci said...

Oh man! Glad she is on the mend! XOXO