Thursday, February 19, 2009

Channeling The Little Engine That Could

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can". This has kind of been my motto the last few days. I'm trying my best to play with Butch and keep him happy, but, now he's currently on a hunger strike. Silly boy.

But, we're doing better. We thought it would be a while before we could get another sissy pup, but, he's just sooooo sad without her, so we started looking. And I e-mailed some people who live just a few minutes away from us about a sheltie pup, and I'm hoping I hear back soon (like, today would be ideal, because then I could go 'meet' her this weekend).
So, fingers crossed, kids, fingers crossed!

That said, let's move on to things I'm thankful for (because what's a Thursday without a little self indulgence? Exactly.)....

- That the event I put on last night actually happened, no one yelled at me (too much), and everything went well. I, personally thank all the booze consumed by the people in attendance. They seemed happy!
-The fact that I survived le family vacation (I'm not kidding, there were some times in which an early flight home seemed really nice).

- The Office is on tonight (hooray!).
-So is Burn Notice (double hooray!).
-That my anti wrinkle cream actually might be working (did I just jinx it? It's Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream, fyi).
-Spring is coming! I can't wait to have dinner on the patio, have people over for pool parties (you're invited!) and Easter Egg hunts in my backyard. So. Freaking. Excited. Yipee!

OK, now that I've shared a little bit of what's getting me through the day, what are you thankful and or excited about these days?

(and yes, let's keep sending happy karma thoughts the way of the sheltie owner who has yet to respond to my request.....SP's home would clearly be the best place for that little pup)

10 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Can't wait for The Office tonight!

And pool party.... sign me up!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Oh, maybe a new HRH sheltie - how exciting! Keeping fingers and toes crossed here.

T-minus 10 hours until "Office", followed by "30 Rock" tonight. Not that it's the highlight of my week or anything.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Good luck with the puppy! Keep us updated!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Love your new header!

Becky said...

Okay, I'm soooooooooo trying that anti-wrinkle cream now. Who doesn't love a good recommendation?

Sending lots of good wishes toward an SP/sheltie pup (ha, that's 2 SP's!) match to be made very soon.

I'm just thankful it's Thursday-almost-Friday.

Charis said...

Good luck w/ your potential new pup!

Heather said...

I hope you hear back on the potential new puppy soon!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck!

Seaside Prep said...

ooo hoping the puppy works out and loved the positive list!:)

Eloise said...

I'm new to your blog, but just wanted to say I am SO sorry about your sweet Hanna. It is just awful to lose a pet, but she was a lucky dog to be a part of your family.

The picture of your other dog mourning just broke my heart.