Friday, February 6, 2009

Employee Rewards Program

Sadly, my company does not have anything of the sort (and, if they did, I'd pick airline miles because I'm sure I could fly myself around the globe twice at this point), but, I was given the afternoon off yesterday in exchange for my amazing database dedication and loyal service (I sound like a golden retriever). I was so excited! Plus, I told y'all I thoughtI was getting sick, so, perfect day to go home and sleep.

Which I did.

It was fabulous.

I also stopped at the grocery store and bought myself some lovely roses.

And, had a date with this hot girl

(after my two hour nap of course)

Yes, my evening culminated with giggles at The Office and swooning over Burn Notice.

I'll enter data again and again if it gets me a lovely afternoon to just be....

Ah! I'm meeting Mojito Maven today and am slightly stressed out! It took me forever to find the right outfit, and my hair was all snappy until I got to work and it's soooo windy. Yikes!

PS. My theory on The Office was squashed! I was wrong! I don't want to spoil it if you haven't watched it yet, but, I was so giddy with glee and then boom! I was wrong. But, still hilarious.

Happy Friday y'all!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool company you work for - adn a fab afternoon - the roses are beautiful! And as for napping, it is such a good way to spend an afternoon! Have a super dooper week end!

Mrs.Preppy said...

You are going to love MM! We had coffee last night... next time, it needs to be all 3 of us!

And in regards to the Office.... My favorite part was when Jim cut the wires on Michael's phone.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Lovely blog! :)

Becky said...

Snaps on buying yourself roses!!! I love, love, love to buy flowers because I just enjoy them so much.

The only thing I didn't like about The Office last night was the size of Karen's(?) belly. Yeah, her belly was tiny with only a month to go! I feel nearly that big with half a pregnancy to go! That dismayed me somewhat, especially after my doctor told me yesterday that I'm doing fine. Sigh.

Happy FRIDAY!!!

Mrs. Nurse said...

Woohoo for an afternoon off! The flowers are beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful time with Mojito Maven!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I sent your Pink Swap box priority mail, so I hope you get it on Saturday. I hope you like all your gifts! Have a nice weekend. Love & blessings from NC!!

Mojito Maven said...

YAY I had so much fun with you!!! And I agree that Mrs. Preppy needs to join us next time!!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Oh my goodness! You watch Burn Notice too? I finally got the husband hooked on it, but have never met anyone else who watches it! Love your blog, by the way :)

Kellie said...

Is there a better ending to an afternoon off work than roses and The Office? I think not!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I love the roses!

The Blonde Duck said...

Sounds like the perfect night to me!

Lindsey said...

Just found your blog and I adore it!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Ally, I received my wonderful package on Saturday and I LOVE all my things you sent me!! I am going to post about it, as soon as I can get some good pictures. I took some yesterday, but I wasn't that pleased with them. I'll work on that later today. It was just like Christmas getting my package and opening all my goodies. I hope your package arrived Saturday too and you like your gifts. Have a great weekend!! Love & blessings!

Mikki said...

Awesome that they gave you a day off. So cool. You totally deserved it methinks!!!

Whitney said...

How funny! I met another blogger this weekend, too - but mine was by accident!