We love her so much and she really was the light of our family.
We miss our little girl dearly, but are so grateful for the care that she received at our vet's office and know that this was incredibly hard on them as well.
She isn't suffering anymore. Yesterday was terrible. She wasn't Hanna. She was just too sick--she could hardly walk, and would shake if she did.
I don't know what our family will be without her, but, I know that she was with us through the hardest times and I know that we'll see her again. Hopefully, she's chasing airplanes, digging holes and playing with her "sisters"; Sheltie Muffin, Collie Jaynee, BullMastiff Molly.... and, hopefully, my mom is watching over them too.
Hanna Josephine will always be our little sheltie girl.
Now, we just have to worry about what Butchie will do without his sissy.


40 comments:
I am so sorry!!!!! I know there is nothing I can say right now to make you feel better, but we are all here for you and praying for you! *HUGS*
When my dog Pippin died after 18 years I always used to say, "She is up in heaven making God smile."
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how incredibly hard it is to lose a beloved pet. Maybe Hanna met up with Oreo, my childhood dog, and they are running around doggie heaven together playing with some fun toys!
I am so sorry! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!
So, So, SO Sad. :( I am sorry!
So sad Ally...Jimmy still misses Cupcake and it has been about 12 years since she passed away. Have a good trip and think happy thoughts about Hanna and how free she is from her pain.
I am so sorry! Thinking about you and yours ;-) ....and sweet little hanna!
I am so sorry for your loss :(
I am so so sorry!!!!
Big hugs!
So sorry for your loss, SP! Losing a furry family member is always such a blow. Sending out prayers for you guys!
I am so, so very sorry for your loss. Darling Hanna is at peace. I hope my late, wonderful sheltie, Casey, stops by to play with her Up There.
I am sniveling into my chili right now. It is just awful losing our little loved ones. Again, I am so sorry.
Oh NO. I'm so very very very sorry about Hanna. I prayed for her last night!
I wish I could give you a hug. There's nothing that makes that ache for your puppy go away...but it does get duller with time and finally (mostly) dissipates into warm and pleasant memories.
My goodness, I'm just so sorry about your loss. Hugging you!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about you losing Hanna. I know how pets become family and this is just so sad. We're thinking about you over here!
I am so so so sorry!! I can't imagine what you are going through!! This just decastates me!! Praying for you sweet girl!!
Hugs!!!
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this!
I am sooo sorry to hear this! It is awful to lost a family pet... they are such huge members of your family. Here is a hug from me!!
I am sorry. Yesterday I was hoping something miraculous would happen. But this is how it was meant to be and I am glad she is no longer in pain.
**HUGS**
I am so sorry for your loss! Praying for you and your family.
Hopefully, she is hanging out with my Pumpkin! :)
So sorry to hear about Hanna, but glad she isn't in pain. I wish you guys all the best.
Oh, I am so sorry! Animals become family members and I know you are all so sad right now.
HUGS!
It is SO hard to lose a pet! I am SOOO sorry and sending lots of thoughts and hugs your way!
So sorry, hon.
xo
I'm so sorry to hear about Hanna! Losing a pet is so difficult - they truly are members of the family who love unconditionally, and there is big ol' hole when they leave us.
I hope Hanna and my darling Cassie (she was part collie, part golden) are frolicing up a storm there in heaven!
And you and I and the fabulous MM should meet up for a playdate ASAP as well!
::hugs::
I'm sorry for the loss.
I am sorry! That is such a hard loss!
I am so sorry for your loss! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
tOh, I am so sorry to hear that about Hanna. I hope you and your husband are ok. It will be better. soon. in time.
Im sorry to hear about Hanna! i know what its like to have to do the right thing even though you wish they could get better..
I had to put my cat down after 18years- he had skin cancer that im guessing was all through him as well..
It will get better eventually
good luck xoxo
:( I'm so sorry!
I don't think that I have ever commented on your blog, but I have been reading it for awhile. Today, I had to tell you that I AM SO SORRY!
I feel for you. I know it is so hard to lose a part of your family!
My husband and I had to put our 3 year old dog to sleep in October. We loved him so much and still miss him. However, I know that it was the best thing.
I know that you will feel the loss for awhile, but time does help.
There are still times that I walk into the door and expect him to run up to me. Or sometimes when I am laying in bed I realize that he isn't cuddled up at my feet. It makes me sad, but I am better now than I was a few months ago.
I know that will happen for you too.
Sorry this is so long!
Anyway... ((hugs))
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry :( My dog is very old and I will soon be writing a similar post. Hanna sounded like an amazing dog :)
oh my goodness, i am so sorry about your sweet puppy. i don't really know what else to say except that she was adorable and i know she brought so much joy into your lives.
I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know that you know that Hanna is in a better place, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm thinking of you and I hope you are okay.
Oh no- I am so sorry! I'm glad she's not in anymore pain. And I bet your mom is watching over them all!
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Hannah's struggle and your loss.
[big hug]
Sorry about your loss!! I miss my little princess too... lost her 3 years ago after my first child was born. I think she was waiting until he got here.
I'm sure she's happy & feeling better now...
I am sorry about your loss. We just lost our fur child three weeks ago very unexpectedly. I miss Cleo dearly and I know exactly what you are going through. Our pets are our family aren't they?
Oh SP, I'm so sorry. Animals are such sweet and amazing creatures. I think that dogs especially show us the closest thing there is to unconditional love.
Right now, I'm sure she's romping through rainbow filled meadows, chasing birdies and cats and waiting for you to join her some day.
I am SO sorry to hear about this! Losing a pet is dreadful. I hope you are feeling a little better. Big hug!!!
I am so so so so sorry. I am praying for you and your family. I cannot even imagine. Hanna is in a better place! She was so beautiful.. how is her brother doing?
I'm here for you!
XO
Post a Comment