Friday, October 2, 2009

My car wants to get stolen

Or, it hates me, one of the two.

Personally, I'm OK with option a).

Years ago, my car developed this fabulous little habit of occasionally rolling the windows down a teensy bit whilst turned off, whilst I was hundreds of yards away--at the office, at home, etc. It usually only happened in the summer and it was usual just about an inch. I guessed that maybe the super smarties at Honda had devised a plan to unroll the windows so that the car would not get too hot and you know, spontaneously conbust from heat.

Then one day, they were unrolled a lot. So I freaked out.

Solution? Keep the windows locked at all times.

This solution has worked. We have not had a problem.

Until yesterday.

You see, yesterday, I had a rather long shopping list thanks to my doctor, and decided to go to Wal-Mart because it's of course cheaper, and I needed a candle that I can only find there (my dog thought the other candle was a toy--awesome).

So, I park my car at Wal-Mart, close to the entrance, make sure it does the little double honk to prove to me that it's locked and I go about my merry way.

Mind you, it was like 85 yesterday--not 95 or even 100.

I come back to my car not 30 minutes later and every single window of my car is rolled down. Almost all the way down. I mean, a small child could have gotten into my car through the windows at this point.

Of course, I panic and look at everything to make sure it's all still there--it was--everything was fine.

But seriously, seriously?! Rolled down windows in a ghetto Wal-Mart parking lot?

I think my car is just asking to get stolen.

(which wouldn't be too terrible since I want a new one, but, my makeup bag was in there, you ladies know how important and irreplacible that is).

8 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

That's the weirdest thing ever! I have seen cars that you can press a button and they will roll down a little bit...but never all the way...or on it's own! Serious problem little lady! Hope it disappears on its own so you don't have to pay for anything :)

jenn said...

hey - i know what your car is doing!! :) i have an acura and it does the same thing. (acura is the same as honda). finally i called my brother who worked at the dealership and said wtf. turns out - when you unlock your car...if you hold down the unlock button on your remote - your windows will go down as much as you hold the button down for. apparently it's a fun feature, but i was really confused at first too! :)

Sarah said...

That is so strange! Hopefully the advice you've gotten from Jenn will help you out! (maybe your button gets stuck and that's why it goes all the way down almost?)

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

omg. your car is posessed. You need a smudging.

Dollface said...

awwww... Jared has had his car broken into twice in NYC and its not cool... and they stole his laundry haha... not so funny when it was basically all the clothes he owned... yikes! xxxooo

Anonymous said...

you should call the guys at on "cartalk" - i seem to remember them having other callers with issues like that - they are super funny and may be able to diagnose your problem for free :)

Melissa said...

That's crazy. I wonder what people think when they see the window going down and no one in there. Creepy!

TUWABVB said...

Maybe your car is just lonely and trying to make friends in the parking lot with other cars? But seriously, that is WEIRD.