Have I mentioned that I miss you lately? Because, I really do. I spent weeks tracking down that lemon pie recipe we always made at Easter--and I'm totally thrilled because this will be the first Easter in 6 (6?!) years that I'll get to eat it--let's hope I make it as well as you did. Fingers crossed.
I love Easter. I remember making bunny cupcakes and eating Peeps with you. I loved that even when I was a high school senior, I still got an Easter basket. Because you cared about things like that. I loved Easter Egg Hunts and swimming pools after church. I'm excited that now we actually have our own home and we can invite people over to celebrate the holiday, since we're 1,200 miles away from the rest of our family. I hope I can make dinner as special as you did. Either way, I am looking forward to it.
But, I miss you. It's not the same without you. I feel weird taking so much time to decorate a stupid cupcake when I don't know that anyone will understand the significance of said cupcake. Maybe when I have children, it'll be easier--I can have the same relationship that you and I had with my own daughter.
Speaking of, I have been looking for those dang onesies that Grandma and Aunt Eunice were blessed in. I mean, seriously, searching for the last 5.5 years. Can't find them and it stresses me out to high heaven. If my children aren't blessed in those onesies, I might actually die of a broken heart (seriously--I've dreamt of my children wearing those since I was a little girl).
See? These are the things that keep me up at night. Because you would know exactly where they were/are. Maybe you could help guide me to find them? Because seriously.
See? These are the things that keep me up at night. Because you would know exactly where they were/are. Maybe you could help guide me to find them? Because seriously.
Anyways, everything is relatively the same here, I guess. Just missing you especially as I think about the spring and summer months and how much I wish we could meet up with Lara and go to Cafe Vio for breakfast (um, Bailey is taller than me now. I am so not kidding).
But, we can't.
But, we can't.
I'm so lucky that I had you. I'm so lucky for the relationship we had. I'm so lucky that you taught me so much. And that you were a packrat (please, with the onesies already--help!)--I have tons of family memories. I'm so lucky to know that families are forever.
I miss you. I love you. I hope I make you proud.
xoxox


25 comments:
okay... i'm bawling here. this was so sweet, but also made me realize that i'm not sure what i would do on an hourly basis without my mom to call and ask a simple question or talk about something we both love.
i'm sure you do make your mom proud every single day. i'm sending virtual hugs your way!
That is a really really really nice letter. I definitely have tears. I also am sure you make your Mom proud everyday. I also know that you will find those onesies!
This is so sweet. And bake your heart out for her!! Onesies, ooo soo cute... ever try Baby Cottons... look them up! xoxo
I love you. This letter was amazing. You're amazing and your mom IS proud of you!
I'm crying right now, at my desk, at work. And I completely understand how hard it was to write that letter - I've written a couple to my mom too. Hugs.
that was so sweet and kind of broke my heart.
have fun baking...enjoy!!!
I am sitting at my desk totally bawling. You are a very special woman and I am sure your mama is so incredibly proud of you. You are amazing, thank you for the reminder that I need to call my mama today and tell her how much I love her.
This is lovely. I don't say that to lessen your loss, for which I am so sorry, but to say what a nice tribute this is.
Sending brain waves for the onesies!
Oh goodness! What a precious post. I know you miss her so much. My own mother's birthday is tomorrow-and the day after that marks the anniversary of her mother's death. It's a bitter sweet time.
Now, about those onesies--send me an email describing the completely. I'm going to find them. I'm on a mission!
GrannySmithGreen@gmail.com
Hugs to you!
What a touching post...
I just know your mom is proud of you everyday. I hope you find those onesies soon!
This made me cry. How beautiful!
Oh you totally made me cry! What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing! (and here's to finding those onesies!)
I heart you!!!
Amazing! Absolutely amazing. So happy we are friends.
XO
Oh my dear, dear friend, how beautiful is your spirit???
I can tell you with 100% assurance, your mama is completely proud of you, every day of your life. Now that I have a little child of my own (though still in my belly), I can tell you that a mother's love is the most undying thing next to our Savior's love. Even when I'm gone, I'm going to love my son from afar, and never stop loving him. And this is exactly how your mama feels about you, sweetheart.
I hope you find those onesies! I wish I could hunt for them with you...maybe it's an Easter onesie hunt? I would also share a bunny cupcake with you and we'd touch cupcakes and toast your lovely mother, who raised such a lovely young woman.
Lots and lots of hugs!!!
Awhhh I wanna go write my Mommy a letter now. :(
It makes my heart hurt to read a post like this. Such a sweet and tender tribute to your mother. I'm sure your Easter dessert will be as fabulous as you are.
....
:(
Bake your heart out. This was the sweetest thing ever.
Ever see The Waitress by any chance?
Sweet, sweet tribute.
I am absolutely certain that your momma is SO VERY proud of you. You are a wonderful and amazing person. That's just obvious.
I hope you find the onesies, and soon. I'll be praying for ya'!
Oh my gosh. I'm borderline speechless, but that post evoked so many feelings I had to say something.
I empathize with you and I will be praying for your sweet heart, for your comfort in Him.
Thank you for sharing and I would bet almost anything on the fact that you DO make her proud. You will find those onesies, I know it, and it will not be a coincidence.
This is such a lovely post!
Thank you for sharing your letter. It really touched me. Just from reading this letter, I am sure you made your mother proud :).
So sweet- totally made me tear up. I wish I could be there to bake cupcakes with you. I hope you find the onesies!
You are such a great writer and such a sweetheart. I KNOW your mom is so proud of you!
I found your blog through a blog that I follow and instantly loved it. This post is touching and so well written. Hope you don't mind my following!
Such a sweet post!
I feel you on the onesies. My Mom lost my blessing dress, and now I'm trying to MAKE it from the pattern my Grandma found. How much swearing over the making of the dress, before you may as well just skip the blessing? Because really!
Post a Comment