Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Awkward

I'm petite. 5 feet tall (er, short?).

Let's be honest, there's no real way I could defend myself (even though I am versed in the ways of the kickboxing).

So, when I end up with a burn on my hand (skillet potatoes) and gnarly scratch (trying to break up fight between Lizzie Kitty and Ella Mae--um, I lost that battle) and multiple Band Aids on my fingers (cheese grater--always the damn cheese grater!) it's all sorts of awkward explaining that "no, I'm just that much of a klutz".

To which anyone who knows me will agree (ask my intern--it's daily that I walk into her desk and or the wall).

But, today, thanks to the addition of the cheese grater, I look pathetic.


Awesome.

But, I did run 5 miles before work at the gym today (since I am banned from outdoor pre dawn workouts).

17 comments:

texaslauren77 said...

Bless your heart!! I'm the exact same way! The only difference is that I'm clumsy and tall, which just means that I have a harder time controlling my long limbs! :)

Anonymous said...

good job on the running!

Dollface said...

oh my... dont worry I always spill things on me, does that count?! hahah xxooo

Unknown said...

I think Klutzy is my middle name. Mysterious brusies - check.
Assorted spills - check.
Walk & chew gum - no check.

Like Lauren, I am tall, too. So I don't think it's a height issue. I think it's a quirky issue! Quirky girls (like us) are just cool and clumsy!

Lucky in Love said...

I hear ya. Two times in a row at the gym while I was waiting for Zumba to start...I walked into the same bench and I have two huge bruises on my legs. Hello...I hurt myself BEFORE class?? Loser...

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Huge Klutz here. At any given time I am bruised and/or scratched. Right now I'm sporting festive wrist-scratches from my cat's vet visit, so I look nothing if not suicidal. Just the look I was going for!

Nice work on the morning run!

Sassy Engineer said...

Oh no! I'm super kultzy too. I always undersestimate where door frames and walls are and run in to them. Plus, I am wearing shoes today I don't wear often because I always fall in them. It has happened twice already! You would think I would learn my lesson :)

d.a.r. said...

Oh no, you are kind of a mess today, huh? That stuff always happens to me!!!

Congrats on the awesome job you are doing with running!

Mojito Maven said...

i think we need to wrap you in bubble wrap!

Jane said...

Nice job on running! I have been so busy, my workouts are getting fewer and fewer.

Jessica said...

5 miles is awesome!!!!

Emily said...

omg my friend.... you are rough on yourself... i always do clumsy thngs like this too!!
Yeah for being sorority sisters and yeah for running five miles!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you crack me up! i'm sorry for the injuries=) hubby says i run into things all the time, i deny it=)! awesome job on the running!

The Mrs. said...

Well, the run just cancels all the weak stuff and makes you my hero of course! Boy am I looking forward to getting some muscle back!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I just found your blog, but you won me over. I am short and clumsy as well. I rip the skin off of my toes at least once a week tripping UP the stairs. I feel your pain.

The Other K Wick said...

LOL. I have issues with the dreaded cheese grater as well. Hope you heal quickly.

Kaci said...

Ouchhhh! WTG on the running you rock star!