Friday, April 17, 2009

Strike Me Down Now

In case you aren't privy to Texas weather, we've got storms up the wazzoo right now--which is great if you a) don't have to work and can stay home and snuggle with your pups b) don't have to go on a BoyScout campout like my husband does (he's a leader) or c) have to get in your long run on Saturday and believe that long runs on the treadmill are akin to death (it better not be raining tomorrow morning)


Not that I know anything about this or anything.

Good news? My husband probably doesn't have to go on the last minute campout.

Bad news? The boys are staying at my house.

Which means, 4 teenage boys waiting for me when I get home tonight.

Not to mention the fact that tonight I'm baking and cooking up a storm for a bridal shower tomorrow.

Lovely.

I may go stand under a tree in a lightning storm, I'm just saying.

If you need me, there's a good chance I'll be hiding at the Hilton.

15 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

fun!!! the hilton! can you take your dogs with you? if so, i say go for it!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I will join you at the Hilton... See you at the spa! Also, I sent you an email about getting together.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

A Friday night with teenage boys? Grab the dogs & head to the Hilton, STAT. It was bad enough spending Friday nights like that when we were teenagers. ;-)

TUWABVB said...

I remember having a Girl Scout camp out at my parents house because of the rain. My mom handled it brilliantly by designating the garage as the grill/hangout area. We made our dinner on the grill in a covered place (grill was near the door to avoid smoke poisoning) and we stayed out of her hair even though she was the leader! Good luck!

Kate said...

I was going to say tell them to camp-it-up Troop Beverly Hills style at a hotel but yes, I think this idea of YOU going to the hotel instead... ahhhhhhh nice hotel bed and towels and roomservice... can I come too?

Dollface said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on my weight... haha.. good luck with the rain and the boys.. hope u get out for a good run!! xxxoo

jlc said...

I HEARD it was raining down there. Ohhh but I miss the thunderstorms there. Still don't quite understand why they don't have a sewer system?

And I agree with Kate -- I LOVED that movie and swear that that's my idea of camping. Hahah!

jlc said...

I HEARD it was raining down there. Ohhh but I miss the thunderstorms there. Still don't quite understand why they don't have a sewer system?

And I agree with Kate -- I LOVED that movie and swear that that's my idea of camping. Hahah!

Anonymous said...

I would be getting the heck out of the house, too!!! have fun at the Hilton! i hope they have a Hot Tub for ya!!!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Have fun at the Hilton. I don't think I would want to hang out with 4 teen-age boys. Have a nice weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Lucky in Love said...

I've tagged ya for an award on my blog :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

definitely the hilton=)! that is so neat and sweet that your hubby is a leader. if you call now i bet you can book a treatment for the hotel right after you finish baking=)!! ooh i would love to get a facial=)

Anne said...

Hope it all goes well!! (At the Hilton OR at home!)

Mojito Maven said...

I hope you went to the Hilton and hit up the hot tub and spa!!!!

Kaci said...

Oh man ... hope it all worked out okay!