1. Spent a good part of Friday night holed up in my bedroom with the cat watching Kenneth Branagh fabulousness in the form of Much Ado About Nothing. Oh, and eating 100 Calorie Pop popcorn, um, swimming in melted chocolate chips. Um...
2. Luckily, fell asleep early (thus, avoiding teenage boys--not that I don't love them, it's just been a rough couple of weeks!) and had enough energy to get up early and run.
3. Ran 7.34 miles. 7 miles kids!! That's more than I've ever run before. I used to run 4 miles almost every day, with maybe 6 miles on a Saturday, but 7--and then more than that! I was really proud of myself. And, really thirsty. I downed 2 bottles of Powerade Zero during the afternoon following. I won't tell you how long it took, because, that's sad, but, whatevs, I did it. Goal: 8 miles this Saturday. Holy moly.
4. I literally did not sleep last night because I'm so flipping stressed out--you'd think all the running would help, but no. I have so much to do before May 13th and subsequently, May 14th (those are major dates at my office) and I kind of want to crawl under a rock and hide until then. Ugh!
5. Also, on my awesome 7+ mile run, my favorite trail was all gummy and muddy and gross from the torrential downpours we had on Thursday and Friday--but, it made me feel like a real runner because I was all muddy, sweaty and dirty when I got home. Tee hee. (my shoes are still covered in mud. I may have broken two pens and a pen cap trying to clean them out)
6. Seriously, have you tried Powerade Zero? It's yummy. I'm hoping I can track some down today for my lunch time run (sorry MM, I might look like butt tonight).
7. My husband graduates in a few weeks--still no job. To say I am panicked would be an understatement. I am totally, 100% over this economy.
8. I made skillet potatoes last night--and managed to burn my mouth (I just couldn't wait!), and my hand (stupid lid) in a matter of 5 minutes. Awesome.
Well lovelies, I hope you have a fabulous day and that you enjoyed a lovely weekend.
xoxo,
SP


16 comments:
I am so unbelievably proud of your running girl! Over 7 miles!!?! You are nuts...in a good way :)
I hope your stresses ease soon...and the next few weeks fly by until your big days at work.
I am, as well, totally OVER the economy! Er. The hubs is looking for a new job so we can get out of this hole that is Cleveland and it is not.going.well.
Congrats 7 miles!! go you... thats so great.... ummm and powerade sounds so delish... xxxoo
Yay for your long run! Just thinking about 7 miles makes my ankles quiver with fear....
(and I love that movie. Mmmm, Keanu...even though he does play a jackass)
That "Much Ado" version is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't use the word "joyful" often, but that movie just embodies it for
me.
Congrats on the running success!
Good luck with your stressful week & your husband's job search.
Congrats on the 7 miles!
And I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with your husband's job hunting!
Congrats on your run! That's fabulous!
I hope hubby gets job news soon. It's rough out there...
Just breathe in and out. Stressing is no good...and your bunny corn is on it's way!
I'm totally and completely over this economy. I need it to get over itself, put on it's big girl panties and start improving. NOW! :)
Good for you on the running. The economy is so scary!
ok you are still my hero..seriously i wish we could be running buddies!!! i need some motivation.
wow, rock it out girl! over 7 miles, that's awesome! i'm saying a prayer for hubby to find a great job=) we recently borrowed "much ado" from some friends and haven't watched it yet=) hope everything goes well with as little stress as possible!
7 miles! You go girl! And don't worry. Potatoes are my downfall, and I always burn my mouth, too!
I am so impressed with your running! Keep it up. And I'm glad to know someone else burns their mouth because they can't wait...I do that ALL the time.
Nicely done!! That is a GREAT run!
Yeah, this economy sucks. Only about 25% of our graduating class has a job lined up, and many of those working at big firms have been told they have deferred start dates meaning that they don't get to start working until January or February of next year...sucky because student loans are going to start coming due soon!
So proud of the 7 miles!!!!
Awesome job! I totally look up to those who can run like that, I could never accomplish that.
And I agree, this economy-slump crap needs to stop NOW. My dad has his last day Wednesday and he is the only provider for my family- and my parents are putting me through college at the moment. The faster this economy turns around, the better!
holy cow on the 7 miles!!! good for you!!!
i feel you on the stress.... hang in there and we can vent together later!!!
Post a Comment