Monday, April 6, 2009

Musings & Monday

1. Totally relaxing and awesome weekend--can we repeat these on a regular basis? Including the sleeping in part? Thanks.
2. Woke up early on Saturday and ran 5.25 (count them, 5.25!) miles on the trail by my house. Now, I understand that 5.25 miles isn't really that far to all you runner folk, but, that's the furthest I've run in probably 5 years. And this coming from a girl who ran 5-7 miles daily for years, this little accomplishment put a spring in my step for the rest of the day.
3. Whole wheat chocolate chip waffles = yum. Sadly, the chocolate chips cancel out the whole wheat, but, we'll ignore that. They are yummy. You should make some. Like for breakfast tomorrow.
4. We cleaned out the garage! (you read that correctly) My husband was a cleaning machine and on a mission if I do say so myself--it looks awesome. As in, a car could actually fit in the darn thing, which is the point of a garage after all.
5. After admiring our fancy new clean garage, I really felt like a grown up. With a clean garage and waffles for breakfast. I feel so old.
6. And, we're making payments on dental work. Because grown ups have to deal with crap like that.
7. I'm rather sleepy. I'm just sayin'.
8. It's a 4 day work week--yay!!
9. I tracked down Mini Robin's Eggs over the weekend. My grocery store has decided that "mini" just isn't cool. Turns out, the husband doesn't like Robin's Eggs (mini or otherwise). I bought 3 bags. More for me! (I'm wildly excited about this).

What's your favorite Easter candy?

Happy Monday!

xoxo,
SP

22 comments:

jlc said...

Peeps fo sho!!

And yay for 4 day work weeks!!

Mojito Maven said...

i am incredibly impressed with running over 5 miles! go you!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

love reese's eggs!!!

your weekend sounds great... 5 miles is so impressive!

and can i say that i'm totally jealous that you get friday off? i think we have the same job (according to mojito maven) but USC doesn't give us good Friday off ever. :(

Dollface said...

what a good weekend! And congrats on the run, bravo! I personally love jelly beans, haha... xoxo

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a great weekend! over 5miles...that's awesome!!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Hooray for a short work-week! And I'm sooo not into the running thing - but good for you :)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

5.25 miles?!? I think I may have run that once, died, and only just come back from the grave. Wow!

Thanks for the reminder to run out & buy as many mini Robin's Eggs as I can before the stores sell out. Yum.

Sarah said...

Oh I'm a huge lover of Cadbury Eggs! Yum!

Lucky in Love said...

Great for you about your running! I'm so impressed!

I'm in love with the Reese pb eggs....and Cadbury eggs for that matter.

The Blonde Duck said...

The Easter bunny corn. I just love them...:)

I want a four day workweek. And pancakes! Lots of tasty pancakes...

TexanCouture said...

I love weekend runs! And so jealous of your 4 day work week unfortunately my company does not count Good Friday as a holiday :(

d.a.r. said...

Big congrats on the run!! I am obsessed with the sour startburst jelly beans. And the cadbury creme eggs. Both are sickening, but delicious!

Whitney said...

It is impossible to pick a favorite Easter candy. I love them all. Except jelly beans. Ew.

{amy k.} said...

Nice job on the run- that's a big one! I'm impressed... I need to do some of that!

We cleaned our garage last weekend- we felt all grown up too! :) haha funny how that works!

I LOVE Easter Candy- all of it... Cadbury mini eggs and creme eggs, the big Reeses eggs, the little Reeses eggs, Jolly Rancher and Starburst jelly beans... yeah- you probably get the point! :)

Jane said...

cadberry mini eggs are my favorite! and i am tres impressed with your running skills. nice job!

Sweet Simplicity said...

5 miles, thats great!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Grocery mission: whole wheat chocolate chip waffles!
YUM!!!

Milltini said...

cadbury cream eggs, no contest!

Jessica said...

i'm all about the mini robin eggs!!

Heather said...

That sounds like a great and very productive weekend. I like those little chocolate eggs with peanut butter in the middle.

Mrs. Nurse said...

5 miles is 5 miles further than I ran, so you go girl :). My favorite candy would be jelly beans and the peanut butter eggs!

Ashley said...

It's gotta be a tie between Cadbury Mini Eggs and Dove Milk Chocolate Eggs. Oh gosh, I've been eating them shamelessly! Being pregnant is a good excuse, but still, I've eaten WAY too many! Have a happy Easter!!!