Thursday, April 30, 2009

365 Days

Well hello there, darlings. I have some news.


Are you ready? (brace yourselves)


It's my 1-year "blog-o-versary".


Yep, I've been yapping away about Target, chocolate, books, men with accents, good TV, dieting and well, many other things for 365 days. Thank you all for joining me on this journey.

Let's do a brief re-cap, shall we?

In the past 365 days, I have....


-Gone to Galveston with our best friends--and scored an awful sunburn
-Hosted a 4th of July cookout
-took over editing at my job
-moved offices 3 times (and got booted to a desk for the ongoing forever future)
-saw Kenny Chesney and Brooks & Dunn in concerts
-went to London
-had a birthday
-lost two teeth
-hosted Thanksgiving
-hosted Christmas
-rekindled my love of running
-joined WW
-lost 10 lbs
-lost a Hanna
-gained an Ella Mae
-dined with Cinderella
-went red (no regrets!)
-found time to cook
-discovered that I love being at home with friends and family more than anything
-hosted an Easter Egg Hunt
-enrolled and finished one Italian class
-enrolled and dropped out of another Italian class (yeah, I did not do so well this semester--work has taken over my life)
-enrolled in my first graduate certificate class (starts in September!--which means, no Italian until next March--BOO!)
-worked on my book (not enough!)
-made some incredible blog friends
-made some incredible real life friends (hi guys!)
-cleaned out my closet (um, several times)
-signed up for a race
-designed jewelry (but no so much with the selling of it... boo!)
...And many other lovely things that run the gamat from awesome, to mundane (we all have those).


Let's hope the next 365 days are even better.

I've loved getting to know so many of you and hope to enjoy the next year of blogging with you all as well!

Happy Thursday!
(or, in my world, Happy Night The Office is On--duh)

23 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Yeah for you! Happy blog-o-versary!! What a milestone!

I love your blog and I look forward to reading it more and more :)

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Such a fun year :) Sometime we need to get together and be IRL friends, instead of just bloggy friends!

Lavender Lily said...

you have accomplished a lot in a year! you should make a list like this every blog-o-versary, it will make you feel proud!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Yay! Congrats on having such an accomplished year.

I've so enjoyed reading you & looking forward to more (and tonight's "Office")!

Brittany Ann said...

Happy anniversary Shabby Princess! You've had quite a year!

Dollface said...

awww Happy one year!!! wwooooo i cant wait for 365 more days ! xxoo

texaslauren77 said...

Congratulations on your 1 year blogoversary! :) Sounds like last year was great!

photography by suzanne said...

I really have enjoyed your blog this year. We love you tons.

{amy k.} said...

Happy 1 year! I wonder how much of that time we've been blog friends? It feels like it's been a while... it's been fun- and I still think we'd be great friends IRL.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

happy blogoversary! i love the recap!!!

d.a.r. said...

I'm so glad I found your blog :) Happy blog-o-versary!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

happy blogoversary! loved the recap of your year and i love reading your blog! keep writin'=)

Mojito Maven said...

YAY!! Happy one year friend!!

Becky said...

Happy blog-o-versary! I love that we found each other! I wish you lots more interesting and exciting things in your next 365 days!

The Other K Wick said...

You are such a tease!! Happy blog-o-versary, though!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Happy Blog-o-versary! Can't wait to see what's next in your adventures.

GrannySmithGreen said...

Gee wiz! I thought you were going to say you were having a baby! We love your blog! You are a doll!

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so glad the bunny corn helped you celebrate! :) From one princess to another!

jlc said...

Yay for an Italian class AND London!!

Sounds like a precious year! :)

Happy Bloggie birthday!!!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! I love reading. I'm new to this whole blog "thing", so it's nice to see what one a one year blog can look like :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Happy 1 year!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Yeah for one year!

Ahh. Galveston. I miss that nasty warm brown water.

The Mrs. said...

Congratulations darling! I looooove your blog!!