Monday, April 27, 2009

Musings & Monday

1. I totally kicked my 8 mile run's ass. As in, I ran 8.51 miles. (and kinda felt like superwoman for the rest of the day) I am convinced that I can not only run my half marathon later this summer, but, totally kick it's ass too. Sweet.
2. Spent an insane amount of time hopping between World Market, Pier 1 and Target on Saturday trying to find good deals on things to spruce up mi casa for graduation weekend funtivities.
3. Managed to bring front porch flower pot back to life--but, managed to kill window sill African Violet. Sure.
4. Ran before work today. I don't really like eating breakfast at my desk....
5. Bought a small bunch of bananas on Friday that were totally 100% not anywhere near ripe. Today? Super ripe. How? And why are there never super ripe bananas at the grocery store? Do we as shoppers really just buy all the bananas that quickly therefor they cannot ripen on store shelves? Or is there some kind of banana recyling program going on at grocery stores that we consumers are unaware of? (these are the things I think about)
6. Holy yum: Yoplait 100 Calorie Thick and Creamy Cinnamon Roll Yogurt. Seriously, holy yum.
7. It's rainy and stormy out: the perfect day to stay in bed. Or just at home. Boo. Good thing we're having pot roast for dinner--the perfect rainy day meal.
8. I really need a day off. Memorial Day cannot come fast enough--but, I'm running a race that day, so, it's really not a day off anyway. Bleh.
9. BFF A had her baby on Friday night. I can't wait to meet little baby K!


Well lovelies, I better head off--need to re-fill my pretty pink water bottle. Thanks so much for your kind comments on Friday--I really appreciate it!

Have a fabulous Monday!

xoxo,
SP

16 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Crap, I forgot to email you that training plan! Ha! I will try to do it tonight after my final :)

Nice job on the 8.51!

Unknown said...

Cinnamon roll yogurt? How on earth did I miss that??? I hear ya on the banana thing -- I cannot eat them if one speck of brown is on the skin...... just too darn picky!

An 8 mile run! DANG!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Um, you're amazing, congrats on the running! (please run some for my lazy behind too :)

Must. Find. Cinnamon Roll Yoplait.

Oh, and bananas are disgusting, just my personal opinion. It's a textural issue, I think.

Jane said...

Cinnamon roll yogurt?? YUM!
8.5 miles before work? Impressive!
Wish my week had started off that well ...

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

the yogurt sounds amazing!

seriously, you're a running rockstar.

and i hate it when bananas do that to you! ugh!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you are rockin it!!! that yogurt sounds so yummy! i love getting new fun things for decorating.
every plant inside or outside of our house is fake! everyone says they look so real, mission accomplished, haha.

Sassy Engineer said...

It is rainy and stormy here too, and I so wanted to stay cuddled in bed reading a good book. Oh well! Hope you have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

i love the yoplait light cinnamon bun yogurt! although its not quite a gooey, buttery, frostingy huge bun, ill still take it any day.

Hopsy said...

It sounds like a great weekend! I love running around to differetn stores looking for a good deal for the house!

Denise said...

Great pace with the 8 miler!! You'll do great w/ the half!

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm in the process of writing my first novel as well! It is so hard sometimes, don't you think?

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Great job on the run!!!!

I don't get the banana thing either some kind on conspiracy...I think.

Sarah said...

I LOVE world market. Dang it, now I want to shop there! To bad there aren't any in ND. =[

jlc said...

You rock! Congrats!!

Lucky in Love said...

You are a crazy running machine girl! I am so proud of you!

I have been dying to try that yogurt! I'm so happy to hear that it's so good....

Kaci said...

You are doing so awesome! WTG!