If you take a body sculpt class with an instructor who is an 80 lb dead ringer for Salma Hayek (looks and sounds like her), you will end up with a severely strained, pulled, damaged, etc muscle in your side that will completely limit your ability to walk, move, turn and sleep. (does this mean my muffin top is going away?)
Because there's nothing more terrifying than an 80 lb Latina yelling at you to "Do one more! You can! You can! Suck in that gut!". I did, I did--I sucked it in. And somehow managed to do something horrendous to my side, thus making any attempts to workout today totally dead in the water.
And we aren't talking the good kind of "I worked out really hard and now I'm sore" pain--no, we're talking I had to have the husband help me into bed last night because I was in tears and couldn't move kind of pain. No joke. And, I'm not a pain wuss. I walked around with a shattered elbow for 3 days with no cast or meds. I'm brave. But this flippin' hurts.
So, lesson learned. No more classes with her.
But, I did manage a 40 minute run after work last night, so, I suppose I could take today off (maybe that didn't help the injury...).
Let's hope this does not impact my evening--I'm getting my hair done (yay!) and there's always that whole flipping my head over while she blow dries part that could be painful.
Whatever, beauty is pain.
Whatever, beauty is pain.


22 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! All throughout HS my bfs mom was a Latina yelling at us!! Hahah!!
Oh and about TX? I'll be there this summer when he comes home!! yay!!!
Oh no! Hope you recover. But hard workouts like that are great, aren't they! Makes you feel like you accomplished something. Wish i was getting my hair done.
Agghhh, that sounds awful!
omg.. i dont think i could deal with a trainer.. all that yelling.. hahaha... well good for u! xxooo
Ouch! It really is all about finding the right class instructor with those things.
Rest up & feel better! At least there's Thursday Night TV of Goodness on - although I dunno if there are new episodes tonight?!?
Awww I'm sorry! It really sucks when you have bad pain after what you hoped would be a good workout! SO not worth it! Especially since the pain of one workout keeps you from doing several more over the next few days, as you recover. Thumbs down on that one.
Feel better!
Hope you find something else so you don't have to go back to her!!
Feel better!
I'm such a pervert I'd probably enjoy my class. Unless I'm dying, I'm not happy.
Dude, the candy corn is AWESOME! It's pink and green and purple and ...excuse me. I drooled.
http://www.candy4u.com/easbuncorcan.html
It doesn't have the same taste as regular candy corn (which I'm also obsessed with) but it's REALLY good. Since I'm allergic to chocolate and can't have any caramel eggs, I inhale bags of these.
And we should get together! I think a Dallas road trip would be a fabulous little get away....
That is awful! I hope you recover. My SIL took me to this yoga stretch class one night (I had never done yoga before and I'm not super flexible) but she assured me the instructor was like 200 pounds so it would be easy. Not so much - the instructor changed that night and was a young petite thing. She was nice, and I looked like a fool trying to do the moves!
Beauty is pain. well said!
whoa, that does sound painful! she sounds like a beast!=)
ouch! i love body sculpting, but a bad instructor can really kill it for you! recover soon, but take today off! :)
oh yuck- hate that! Hope your pain goes away soon!
Good for you to stick to working out so much!
Amen! As the lovely Miss Truvy said, "There is no such thing as natural beauty."
I do hope you feel better soon though!
Tag! You're it!
You are a stronger woman that I!
Ouch! That doesn't sound like any fun! You know, I've always heard, "don't get your hair cut by anyone who's hair you don't like". Wonder does the same hold true for exercise instructors? 80lb? Oh gee. I haven't seen that number since 6th grade!
UGH!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. I fear fired up 80 lbs Latin trainers as well.
Hey there!!! I hope you are not too sore from the class... Cant wait until we all get together!
Hahaha, that totally made me laugh. You're so right, there is NOTHING more annoying than a little 80 pound trainer yelling at you to keep going. I hate it too!!!
Eegads! I hope you're feeling better!
I hope you get over it soon! It sounds very painful!
Post a Comment