Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The truth hurts

Current truths? No more pedicures for me.
Like, ever.

I have officially re-joined the ranks of those with runners feet.

Now as painful and annoying as the whole thing is (um, strappy sandals and hot pink polish, please!) I feel very proud to have re-joined the ranks that I dropped out of all those years ago.

But, it's OK. Because I feel freaking awesome about the whole thing.

Even if it means getting up at 5:35 to run 5.1 miles before work (which incidentally freaked my husband out to high heaven who didn't realize that I left the house and was actually running down our street--then stayed wide awake and worried until I returned 45 minutes later.... Yeah, I think I'll stick to the gym for AM workouts--sorry hon!)

So, no pretty toes anymore, but, by gosh, I will turn myself into a running machine.

And those pesky 10 pounds I wanted to lose in 2009? There's only 1 pesky pound left.

Don't worry, I'm baking a cake for a bridal shower this weekend. There's a slight chance the cake won't actually make it to the shower--because I'll eat it.

True story. And it hurts.

21 comments:

The Other K Wick said...

Go get that last pound!!!! I need to get back into running as well and I think you just inspired me to get my bum in gear.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I loathe running with every fiber in my being, but I am happy you enjoy it & are getting back into it!

Great work with the weight loss; I'm sure you'll kick that 1 lb in no time.

Dollface said...

omg good luck to you!!! i hate running but I am happy for your shed of 10 pounds.... xxxoo

Sweet Simplicity said...

Thats great! I wish I could drag my booty out of bed in the morning to work out!

d.a.r. said...

You rock!! Seriously I admire you!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you are rockin' it! inspiring girl, inspiring! =) maybe i'll get off my bootay today and go walking=) it might be around a mall but it's still walking (i have to return a shirt, that's my excuse=))!

Becky said...

I must say, the diva in me frowns on the no-pedicure rule. It's spring/almost-summer and the best time of the year to wear shoes! Just get a pedi and show off those runner's feet. Who cares? Have the best of both worlds, baby!!!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Oh, I'm with legallyblondemel on the running thing - but good for you on the weight loss! That's fabulous! If you need help eating that cake, you know I'm your girl :)

{p.s. I just posted a giveaway - come and see!}

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh man, I feel ashamed at my pathetic attempts to exercise before work!

Charis said...

Good for you! And I look up to you - if only I had the self-control to make myself run! :)

Lucky in Love said...

I am so proud of you and all of your working out!! You only have one more pound to go! That is freaking fantastic!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I admire you for sticking to your running routine. That is awesome that you have almost lost 10 lbs. Way to go!!! If you get your necklace, please put a picture of it on your blog. Aren't they just the prettiest beads you have ever seen? I love mine!!! Have an awesome week. Love & blessings from NC!

Jessica said...

Only 1 pound left? You are so freakin' awesome!! I'm really jealous.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yay! you're doing great! you are a running machine!

and double yay for losing those pesky pounds!!!

jlc said...

Yay for only one more pesky pound! You've got this!


Hmm but after the pound will you treat yourself to a ped? just because???

Smart Living Today said...

Congratulations on the 9 pounds! I joined the bicycle ranks as the knees wouldn't like the pounding! It feels so good, doesn't it?

Nice to find your blog. I like reading your entires. :-)

Peggy

TexanCouture said...

LOL about your husband laying in bed worried, ok not really that funny that he was worried but it reminds me of my boyfriend I usually run in the afternoons during the work week, but on weekends I started trying to run in the morning bc once we start our day exercise plans go out the window so I need to squeeze it in on the wkend mornings. Well he woke up and panicked when I was gone, but then he thought to himself that maybe I went to pick up a surprise breakfast in bed...foolish boy!

The Blonde Duck said...

My feet are gross too! It's ok, we can have gross toes together!

I only put the nutritional info because people were demanding it!

So can I send you some bunny corn? :)

Ashley said...

Wow, that's awesome you've lost 9 pounds! That running must really be working! I think I'm going to get a pedicure tomorrow, speaking of pedicures. It's my last chance before I have the new baby and won't be able to leave the house! :)

Kaci said...

YAY!! Ugly feet unite! :)

MMW said...

I went running tonight in new shoes and got BLISTERS on the bottom of my feet. Argh. But hurrah for running again. Lovely to get back into shape. Fantastic!