Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How SP and husband enjoy a few days off

SP's office is fantastic enough to give off a few days for New Year's, which meant, wahoo-- weekend getaway! And, at this point in our lives, even going 20 minutes away would have been awesome.

Thanks to Hotels.com and their PriceChopper (for real), we decided to pack up and head to Lake Travis for a few days.

The pups went about their merry way to daycare. Hanna rules the roost.
"Hi mom! We're ready to go!" (please excuse le Royal Honda backseat)

Mom, seriously. Let's go. I have big dogs to beat up.

Der! Der! Let's go! Der. Um, der. Der. I'm a dork.

Our lovely hotel room (usually $490 a night. Wahoo Hotels.com!).

Lake Travis sunset.

Because SP rocks at self portraits.

Hi. I'm short.

Le Resort.

House I think my parents should buy. (taken from side of the road with cars honking, real classy).
We had a lovely time and stayed in a lovely resort (written about in Southern Living!). Not enough time (of course), but, no complains from us. First "break" we'd had since Galveston. And the sunburn.

This time, no sunburn. We'll discuss my tanning issues come February. Yikes.

9 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Ah.... relaxing at a resort. Did you indulge in any pampering? Lake Austin is beautiful and the perfect distanct for a long weekend escape.

Whitney said...

That trip looks amazing! So fun. I am glad you were able to get away for a little bit.

Lis said...

What a wonderful trip!! I'm so glad you got in some R&R!

The pics of the puppies are too cute!

Seaside Prep said...

From one hotels.com user to anouther, the trip looks fantastic and so restful. Just what the doctor ordered and your dogs are too cute.

The Blonde Duck said...

I had to stop in and say hi. I'm a fellow princess, dog-owner and aspiring author. It's kismet!

Milltini said...

Looks awesome! The pups are so cute too!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Fun! Lake Travis is such a fun getaway. You & your husband are adorable.

PS - when I typed the above, my iPhone tried to change "Lake Travis" to "Lake Tranny". Something tells me that would have been an entirely different sort of vacation.

Kate said...

Yay Lakeway Resort and Spa! I love that place - we *almost* picked it as our wedding venue!!!

Kaci said...

YA YOU!! That is awesome!! Nice house too! As if honking cars!