Monday, January 5, 2009

Musings & Monday: 2009 Edition

Happy New Year, all! Let's hope 2009 will be the best year yet. And you know what? I'm doing my very best to make it that way. I got to work early (can you believe it?), I'm picking up lovely friends from airport tonight (although, I despise solos airport pick ups, but, since we bought le royal abode, we don't have the $$ for new le royal chariot, and the Honda is just gonna have to fit us all. Ha!), and feel like this year can and will be fantastic. First, I have to fix up my upstairs bathroom (and rip out smelly carpet). Once that's done, we'll be in good shape.

What was I saying? Oh, right....

1. After fifteen thousand million bagillion attempts at losing the chub and keeping it off, I have decided to start Weight Watchers. I realize that I don't have a ton of weight to lose, and that at my height (5 feet, 5'1" on a good day), I probably am at a pretty OK weight, but, I will go bonkers, lose a bunch of weight, work out every day and then fizzle out, gaining it all back (thanks, wisdom teeth!). I want to be able to stay at a "happy weight" if you will, and be prepared to be a healthy mother if you know, we ever have kids. Apparently, my day planner missed this memo and I am packed literally every night this week, so, I'll have to start next week, but, hallelujah, the gym is open today, so, SP will be bustin' a sweat at lunch.
2. We had a lovely New Years mini vacation. I'll post pictures soon. I was officially relaxed for exactly 2.5 days. Now, I'm back at work. And a frazzled mess.
3. I have a new found obsession with getting rid of the "fine lines" around my eyes. I blame it on the whole laughing/smiling thing that I occasionally do. I must get rid of them. I am too young for this nonsense! Anyone have a miracle product??
4. One of my dearest most wonderful-est friends had a baby last week--and he's so yummy. I made them blueberry muffins (which is what I do for all my friends who have had babies. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm obsessed with blueberry muffins and hope someone will make them for me?) and sugar cookies cut out in his first initial. They were not superb. I remembered why I don't make sugar cookies that often. But, I frosted those babies up, and, well, after all, it is the thought that counts, right? Hopefully I'll have the sugar cookies letters mastered before anyone else has a baby .
5. I'm no Martha.
6. Not that anyone would have confused us, but, you know.
7. I've been having bizarre dreams lately. Exhibit A: I dreamt that I was at the movies with Debra Messing and Isla Fisher (like, sitting in between them) and I wanted a picture with them, but, was too scared to ask. But, I was sitting with them.... Exhibit B: I dreamt my mommy was alive. As in, came back to life. But, not in a creepy zombie way. And it was Christmas. And she thought my Hanna pup was actually my previously dead Muffin pup. And, she was pretty dang pissed off when she found out that skeezy step dad (aka, the man she married) was engaged (which, was kind of awesome in my dream. Because I was pretty pissed in real life).....Possible meaning(s)? Any dream analysts out there?
8. Last night, Cheapie McCheaperson (aka, me) was attempting to paint her little piggies because pedis cost $$, and, well, I dropped the bottle of OPI and, of course, it broke and spilled all over my bathroom floor. On the lovely tile floor. In the only bathroom in my house that doesn't need a major facelift. After 30 minutes, ten hundred paper towels, all the cotton pads I own and a bottle of nail polish remover, you can hardly tell. Although, the grout does have a slightly pick hue, but, we're moving past that. Ah, nothing like huffing nail polish remover to bond a marriage.
9. I was slightly shaky for the rest of the night.
10. Sure.
11. I'm on deadline, why am I blogging?
12. I better go.

Happy Monday, y'all! Make it fabulous!
xoxo,
SP

12 comments:

Kate said...

i looooove Keihl's Abyssine Anti-Aging Serum and Clinque's All About Eyes!

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAYAY for WW!!!! Let me know if you need anything!!

Mrs. Nurse said...

i've thought about weight watchers too. have a great day at work!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I just discovered your site through Milltini. I just love it!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Bah humbug on today. Things will surely get better, no?

If you discover a good anti-aging product, pretty please let me know. I have yet to find something decent, and the whole happy/ smile thing I occasionally do (only when no paparazzi are nearby) is taking its toll on me as well.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I like Nude Skin eye cream but I DO NOT like the price so it's back to the drawing board for me. Let me know what you find :)

Whitney said...

You never fail to make me laugh in your blogs! I love it!

Kaci said...

WW is awesome I know you'll do great!

Natster said...

How awesome about the double W! I hope you enjoy your WW experience! It really is an excellent program! (maybe I'm biased!)
I am not an expert on anti-aging, but my aunt who works for a dermatologist said that oil of olay works just as good, if not better for those wrinkles and fine lines. So- hey, I might just give it a whirl too! Let me know what you find!

The Mrs. said...

Weight watchers is the only thing that works! You go woman!

Mikki said...

I have some Mary Kay stuff that I never use. I'm just too lazy at bedtime to wash my face and apply the night-time serums. pathetic no?
Then I look at my face in the mornings and wonder why I'm getting so crinkly.

LyndsAU said...

ok that nial polish scare gave me a panic attack-ha!! glad you can hardly tell!