Friday, January 9, 2009

A Royal Vacation

Santa (aka me padre) gifted me this darling snowglobe (which is rather fitting considering I wanted to buy one at DisneyWorld over Christmas, but, since we stayed in Big D, I was unable to purchase the twin of the teeny snowglobe that my sister brought me and I sadly broke in The Big Move several years ago--I still feel bad).
I was giddy with glee--it was Cinderella. My favorite Disney Princess (as if you couldn't guess that--although, my favorite childhood picture is of me with Snow White at DisneyLand--I need to find that picture!). He was equally as excited to give it to me as we had spent several hours discussing the merits of each Disney character (my sister does not like any of the Disney Princesses. It is clear she is her mothers child, while it is equally clear that I am my mothers child and raised in a home with musicals, dress up and princess-y goodness. Thank you Dad for obliging us).

It sings "Someday My Prince Will Come", which is so fitting if you know anything about the book. And is currently sitting on my desk, offering inspiration and smiles.

But, it isn't just a lovely snowglobe. It was the gift that housed another gift:

SP is goin' to Florida kids! SP is goin' to DisneyWorld (shut up, I'm 5). SP's most favorite-est gift this year is a vacation to my favorite-est hotel!


Did I mention it's 4 weeks away? Did I mention I have to fit into a swim suit by then? Holy yikes!

On the good side: what could be more fitting than the Shabby Princess getting to spend a few days with the Disney Princesses?

PS. The husband is planning on fishing the entire time. I plan on wearing tiaras, getting tan, and eating breakfast with various Disney characters. I'm 5. I completely accept that.

16 comments:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

YAY! I fully support your being a 5 year old, given that I myself have morphed into a 13-year-old girl recently. Wish the mental youth came with the lack of wrinkles I had at 13, but alas . . .

LyndsAU said...

How fun! I would love to do that!! I love it!!

Mojito Maven said...

That is my favorite hotel too!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney World! I think all of us are still children deep down!!! AND I love doing dinner with the disney characters!! SO JEALOUS!!

Sarah B. said...

I am TOTALLY jealous..I too am 5 and a huge fan of all Princesses. Seriously, we have a lot in common. Two dream vacations are sitting on the beaches of Greece and Disneyworld for a week. My parents just bought a timeshare this past summer and first question out of my mouth is "Do they have a timeshare anywhere near Disneyworld..because I know they have a lot of them over there." So excited for you. And I tried to collect Pricness Snowglobes for my daughter (she was too young) and climbed up on the shelf and broke three. We have one left (Snow White).

Whitney said...

In my opinion, NO ONE is too old for Disney World! Oh, how fun! What a fantastic gift. You guys will have a blast! :) can't wait to see pictures!

The Fabulous Side of Me said...

I am so jealous! I LOVE Disney World. i don't care hold old I get, that will always be the GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH :-) I have never stayed at the Floridian. Do you suggest it over other hotels?

Heather said...

Woo hoo! That trip will be so much fun!

koopermom said...

Oooh, I am also five and now I don't think we can be friends. Jealous.

I love Cinderella. Tell her hi for me.(and ask her when my Prince Charming will be arriving.)

photography by suzanne said...

I want to come!

Kellie said...

Yay for you!!I will never tire of going to Disney World...you know it IS the happiest place on Earth!

Kaci said...

OH HELLS YA!!! :) Cinderella is our favorite too!! Have fun you!

Hollie said...

sounds like fun!

I haven't been to Disney in quite a while and can't wait to take my daughter there when she gets a little older!

have fun!

Jessica said...

That's so awesome! - Love your Dad!

Ashley said...

Wow, awesome! I think that snow globe is adorable and that is amazing that you get to go to Florida and spend time at Disney World! I wish I could go too and be 5 with you! :)

The Mrs. said...

I am so happy for you. I know you'll have a wonderful time! Left something for you on my blog!

Andy said...

Sounds like so much fun.

On another note, I am mortified to tell you I just found a thank you note I wrote, stamped, and set asside to get your address for the beautiful bib you sent for the baby shower. I'll use the "stressed out on bed rest" excuse. But really, there is no excuse. Can you send me your address. Jeez.