2. So, excuse me and my lovely freak out. We'll move on. Last night, I was wildly moved and humbled to learn that a family who have steadfastly lead our youth and our local church organization over the last several years will be leaving us to serve in Mexico. To know that a family that I have had the chance to know and love will be doing an even greater service was profoundly humbling to me. I am so grateful for their service to us and am so excited for them.
3. I did more house decorating on Saturday! Thank you Pier 1 Sale. I have an awesome new arts and crafts style bookshelf i my living room. Fancy.
4. Has anyone ever tried those Olay or Neutrogena microderm abrasion kits? I'm thinking of buying one this
afternoon--my face is lookin' tired and I gotta look good for family trip to Florida.
5. Is it bad that I'm making my husband spend Valentine's Day hanging out with Disney Princesses? I might finally be able to get my mini snowglobe! Wahoo!
6. Because we're lazy people (true story) we spent most of the weekend watching TV. And more specifically USA and TNT. Which consisted of holy aviator sunglasses, Michael Weston--re-runs of Burn Notice!--and, holy Irish accent, Colin Ferrel--Miami Vice. Lovely.
7. Did I ever tell you about the time I literally bumped into Colin (we're on a first name basis) at the LAX airport Admirals Club? Best.Graduation.Present.Ever.
8. Seriously, I'm falling apart. Too young! Too young!
9. I spent Friday doing arts & crafts time at work. My desk still has glue on it. Good thing I didn't use the rubber cement I was offered. (wasn't that stuff the coolest when you were a kid? No? Just me?)
10. We're supposed to get a "wintry mix" of weather the next few days. We wanted to barbecue tonight. We aren't. Sad times. But! This means I get to make peach, mango and avocado chicken. Yummmmmm.
11. Mission: Isla Fisher look alike has began. I touched up my roots (not that I ever had any) and my hair looks fab. Now, I just need to lipo the legs.
12. Have I talked your ear off yet?
I better go. I may need to go stand in our industrial freezer--will that stop the bumps?
Happy Monday y'all! If you're near me, stay warm this week!
xoxo,
SP


14 comments:
I have heard that Neutrogena has a great peel... Advanced Solutions Facial Peel. I need to try it also! And I sent you an email...
I hope you get yourself put back together soon and very soon! You're too young to fall apart!
eek!! i hope your rash goes away soon and that you start to feel better!!!!!!
I hope that Benadryl has become a new buddy of yours in the aftermath of the mystery rash! Of course, popping a couple Benadryl simply requires a long nap (puts me out every time), and an excellent excuse to don a satin sleep mask and crawl in between fresh sheets. Hmm, makes me almost want a rash of my own! Just kidding, of course -- I've had my fair share of hives and itchies and bumps. Yuck.
Speaking of microdermabrasion, I'm actually considering (post-baby) of going to one of those high-tech spas where they'll do it professionally (ie, if you do it and your whole face peels off, major OOPS; but if they screw it up, they'll fix it and make it better on their dime).
Feel better soon!
Yuck - hope you start feeling better & getting some health answers soon!
For peels, I stick with dermatologist-administered glycolic peels. However, I've also heard good things about that Neutrogena peel that Mrs. Preppy mentions.
Hope your rash is better soon. My daughter and I are both doing the Pink Swap and we got our items together this weekend. Isn't this so much fun? I'll be sending yours soon! Our weather has been cold too. BRRR!!! Take care.
Love & blessings from NC!
I LOVE the Neutrogena peel and highly suggest it!
Sorry to hear about your strange rash/bump situation- no bueno. But yes, my mom made me take an oatmeal bath when I was little with chicken pox too- I loved it! :)
I've never tried the micro thingies, but I've wanted to. You'll have to let us know what you think.
I want that recipe for the mango chicken stuff- sounds delish!
And also- rubber cement, I loved that too! I liked to just play with the brush in the jar... but I'm weird like that.
I can't believe you ran into Colin! (and that you're on first name basis!)
Hope you get feeling better!!!
oh yeah- I'm about 1-2 hours away from Orlando. I think. I always fall asleep when we drive there so I'm not quite sure! haha
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Disney Princesses.
Hope you have a great week and that rash clears up!!
PS I answered your question on my post. :)
Geeze!!! Hope everything is better soon. How's your tummy by the way??
I totally loved the rubber cement too.
Oh that sucks hope the hives/rash are over with! YIKES! I totally need a new look maybe Jenna Fisher?
I love your posts cause I feel like we're on the phone! So funny. You are too young to fall apart! I mean what the &*%^^%$^%$#$%^!!!! That rash sounds no good! I had that flu thing and ended up in the hospital! By the way I want to try the scubby stuff too so give me a review if you do it!
I love your random posts! And I adore Pier 1. Your new decor must look fabulous!
Oh no, I hope your rash gets better soon. That sounds awful. Pier One is the best!
Post a Comment