Friday, January 23, 2009

I love Isla


You can bet your bottom dollar that I got my grubby little hands on this magazine as soon as I could. Even if it was during an obligatory BN stop on the way to get HRH Princess Hanna Banana from a not-so-fun vet visit (she only took 260 cc's of fluid, yay!!).

I love her.

If I can't be Giada's BFF (since apparently there's a line for this job or something), maybe I can be Isla's BFF.

We'd chat about being redheads, me specifically being a faux-redhead and then she'd tell me to always keep it because then we'd be twins.



I could play with Olive and do my Borat impression for Sacha, and he'd think I was wildly hilarious.

She'd support my writing and want to play me in the movie--because, who better to play me than my best friend? Clearly.

We could share clothes and she could give me weight loss advice (did you see her just a few months after having her baby? My word, she looks better than me and I've had no babies!) and give me the free makeup she doesn't need. I'd get late night phone calls from her whilst traveling and when I have my first child, I'd call her and she'd be on the first flight to my side. And then I'd name my daughter Isla and she and Sacha would be so thrilled (am I getting carried away? Why do I want to name my unborn children after celebrities?).


Most importantly, she could teach me how to do a fine Aussie accent and I would be invited to their wedding. Which I'm sure will be fabulous. And you know SP loves a good wedding.

Did I mention I love her?



Must lose weight. Must look like Isla.
(fyi, I hijacked the above images from allure.com)

12 comments:

photography by suzanne said...

You are too funny and just as cute as Isla!

Mojito Maven said...

i look isla too...let's make a deal...you can have isla if i can have giada...but wasn't isla dating marilyn manson? what is up with THAT?

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Oh, to look like Isla!! We can always dream. Right? I'll have to check out the article. Have an amazing weekend! We are going to the mountains for the weekend to celebrate my daughter's birthday.
Love & blessings!

Becky said...

I'm insanely happily anticipating the Shopaholic movie. The books cracked me up and I feel such a connection to Miss Becky Bloomwood, and they couldn't have cast a better chickadee in that role, the great Isla!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

She truly is adorable. The casting of her as Becky Bloomwood is genius, although I am fearful of the other changes they appear to have made to the series (set in the US, made Becky American, etc).

koopermom said...

I got my mail the other day and I had two of my favorite redreads staring at me through the mailbox! Isla and Jenna, Glamour and Allure. I was in heaven for about 5 hours!

{amy k.} said...

I can imagine how excited you are for her new movie coming out! Looks like a fun one.

And I agree- I think Isla would make a great best friend. She seems fun, and sweet, and like you said... she could give you all of her free makeup she doesn't use. And clothes, and shoes, and cars for that matter!:)

Hope you're doing good- I haven't left a novel of a comment in a long time! I've been mia for a while so I figured you were due for a loooong one! haha

The Blonde Duck said...

I think you could be twins. :)

koopermom said...

woops, I lied. It's SELF, not GLAMOUR!!

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE her so much. Could she be any prettier??!! And my sister and I love the name Olive for a little girl. Too cute!

Whitney said...

haha, let me guess - you will be first in line to see confessions of a shopaholic? :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I LOVE Isla! I'm obsessed with her hair. She is just such a cutie!