Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Running on empty

Literally and figuratively, I suppose.

With the extra miles I've been logging, I'm constantly hungry and having a bear of a time sticking to my WW points. Anyone have any advice for me? Help! I gotta reach that goal weight by the husband's graduation (May 16th, kids).

Last Friday marked the beginning of what can only be described as Hell Month (Hell 3 Weeks?) for me.

So busy and working so hard that by 3 PM I am done. Getting here at 7:50 doesn't really help matters. But! It's job security people, I do the crap that no one else wants to do, so, there.

I'm counting down the days (milliseconds?) until it ends--until then, I suspect lots of Diet Coke, many mini Twix bars stolen from downstairs office (this could explain the weight gain) and lots of passing out at 8 PM. I'm so freaking cool. Gosh, being a grown up is awesome.

Friday was particularly hellacious. So much so that I seriously thought I was not going to make it through the evening (yay work events!). Another co worker and I both had other things going on Friday night which made both of us just pleased as punch.

Conversation with her Monday morning.

SP: "So, how was volunteering Friday night after work?"
Fabulous Co-Worker: "Oh, just grrrreat."
SP: "My night too."
F C-W: "Oh no, it's OK, for dinner when I got home I had half a bottle of champagne, and a pint of ice cream."
SP: "Good girl."

She totally made my Monday.

It would have been even better if it was fancy shamancy champagne from work event, but, I'm sure she's too honest for that. However, in my mind, it totally was the fancy shamancy stuff.

Happy Wednesday y'all--it's almost the weekend!

14 comments:

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Let's see, why is being a grown up awesome...

Work takes priority over fun.
You're forced to get up early.
Property taxes. (nuff said).
No one does your laundry.
You are also responsible for cooking.

Um, I think Peter Pan had it right?

Hang in there girl, I'm thinking about you!

Lucky in Love said...

My WW leader told me something one time that I thought was really insightful...
Don't trade what you want for the moment for what you want for a lifetime (or something like that!)
Basically...just don't let yourself give in to things that you know will bring down your progress. Always be thinking of your goal and how you can stay on track.
She also says...it's not like you can never have sweets again...you'll just have it "later." And "later" for you is May 16th! That is so not far away...so if you can stick to your points until then...maybe you can afford to have a candy bar or some ice cream when your in maintenance mode instead of losing weight mode. You get a few more points then..and it will be worth the wait!

Of course this all sounds wonderful...but it is SO hard to do. Believe me...I know :)

Sassy Engineer said...

I agree, sometimes being grown up is "awesome." I hope the next three weeks go quickly and smoothly!

LyndsAU said...

Being an adult BLOWS :)

I don't like being responsible ALL OF THE DANG TIME!

You will make it sweetie :) Not long now!

Dollface said...

Just eat a bunch of fruits and veggies when youre hungry.. i always go for a full glass of juice to fill me... xxoo

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

ugh--i feel you. i'm so tired of all of the things that i want to do to make myself happy taking a backseat to work CRAP! pity party in south carolina later tonight? think you can make it?

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Bleg. This adult business is for le birds.

Good luck getting through this week!

Lindsey said...

Hahaha that conversation is hilarious! Sometimes wine just makes everything better!!

texaslauren77 said...

One of my WW tricks for not eating stuff I'm not supposed to is to make myself drink a big glass of water...that usually fills me up and then I just don't want to eat anything for a while.

And you're right...being an adult is definitely NOT what it is cracked up to be when you are a kid!

Running 365 said...

I just stumbled upon your blog a few days ago, but I'm completely feeling you on all counts: drained from work, hungry from running (sometimes even just thinking about running), wishing it was the right time for a baby (although I definitely know it is not now), hating spending money on adult things (is there anything unsexier to do than buy a heat pump?), etc.

I understand!

Klay Kisses said...

You are funny! Love reading your blog. I agree with you that being a grown up ROCKS! I love being able to hide my Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies and no one can find them! I take them out when snack time is over and the little "twinkies" are all tucked in bed. Oh yeah! Life is great sometimes. Wine and Chocolate baby, wine and chocolate!
I agree with TL77 also about the water. It really does help fight hunger and it's good for you! A little boring but it helps. You Can Do It!!!

jlc said...

Awwww gotta love Fabulous coworkers!!!

And just 2 more days til the weekend!! Hang in there hun!! :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

the weekend is almost here! that conversation is soo funny! i could def go for a glass of bubbly or wine myself, you'll have to have an extra one for me=)

Kaci said...

Now that sounds like a awesome dinner! :) LOL!